We’re getting a quick preview up a day early here for all of those like us who find it too long between national team
Here’s what we are looking for at TSG from the U.S. Team:
- Will Parkhurst (who we figure to start) and Marshall clamp down on Carlos Costly? We say yes
- Davy Arnaud – we want you to test the Honduran final curtain with your speed and quickness
- Robbie Rogers to come out fired up and really challenge down the left flank and track back on D
“11” at the Whistle:
G: Troy Perkins
D: Heath Pearce, Michael Parkhurst, Chad Marshall, Jay Heaps
M: Robbie Rogers, Sam Cronin, Kyle Beckerman, Stu Holden
S: Brian Ching, Davy Arnaud
- Logan Pause to supplant Sam Cronin in the midfield.
Pause is more veteran player, but is also coming off a long arduous game against Panama
Likelihood: 75% Pause starts
- Santino Quaranta to play vet over Robbie Rogers
We don’t see this one either, but it wouldn’t surprise us given Quaranta’s goal in the earlier game against Honduras
Likelihood: A coin flip
- Kenny Cooper to pair Brian Ching up top
If Bob Bradley wants a look-see, here’s the time to do it. However, we don’t see it.
What do you think? Let’s hear it. (We’ve been wrong before).