TSG Corporate Communications: Bob Bradley

Even a few camera guys are wearing button-downs here!

For crying out loud, borrow that cameraman's get-up

We’re still working on our Bill Bradley 20 questions piece. However, I just had to put this little blurb in here this morning.

From the TSG Corporate Communications files, my brother just txt’d me: “If we didn’t have to focus on the Bill Simmons campaign, I’d start a campaign to send Bill Bradley ties before the Costa Rica game.” Hysterical.

Can I induct my brother into the Jimmy Conrad Wing?

Don’t go get any ideas…oops, how did this get in here:

U.S. Soccer Federation

1801 S. Prairie Ave.
Chicago, IL 60616

Remember to keep pushing that Simmons campaign by the way. We’re still trying different avenues to reach out. Suggestions appreciated.

1. Posted by Matthew N on 2009/09/22 at 9:29 AM

Off Topic:

Why does ESPN show WNBA highlights during Sportscenter and First Take, but won’t even mention the MLS or European football unless ESPN showed the game (or MAYBE a single slot in the top 10 has a nice goal in it)? Seriously, the mother fucking WNBA? I like women’s sports. Hell, I might catch some flak for this, but I was a male cheerleader during college. I cheered for women’s basketball sometimes and I loved to watch the game. But to put WNBA highlights in the regular rotation while excluding soccer (American or otherwise) seems to speak worlds about how far the sport still has to come and how far ESPN is from actually lending a “helping hand” to the sport in the US. They’d rather promote the WNBA than the MLS, EPL, or soccer in general.

• Want even further proof of ESPN’s hatred of the beautiful game. Back in 2006 (I think) Arsenal and AC Milan were squaring off in the Champion’s League Semi-Finals, second leg. ESPN2 had shown the Barcelona match the day before, but on Wednesday what did my Comcast tell me was going to be shown on ESPN2 instead of the match? Jump Roping. That is correct, a competition where people jump over ropes swung by others. So, I set my VCR anyway, praying that Comcast was just not updated and the match would be televised. What did my wondering eyes behold when I rewound the tape? Jump Roping!!! Effing Jump Roping!!!!! I almost went completely mental. Later that day I called and dished out an extra $5 a month for ESPN Deportes.

2. Posted by kaya on 2009/09/22 at 10:06 AM

Well, I think jump rope is at least better than bowling and poker.
    I’d rather go down at the hands of 12 yo double dutchers than a team of homer simpsons.
    Anyway, idk for what it’s worth, but I sent Mr. Simmons an e-mail explaining what a tragedy the lack of TV coverage for the Hoduras v US qualifier game would be and that he should really be up in arms about it. I didn’t know what else to do, I’m sure “everyone” (and I use this term loosely) has already told US Soccer what they think.

3. Posted by kaya on 2009/09/22 at 10:09 AM

Oh. I forgot to mention I’m not going to waste postage on sending Bob the Bob a tie even if it were left over from being coughed up by my garbage disposal. There are some things some men are incapable of and I can see deep in Bob’s eyes that he is cannot carry off a suit.

• I don’t know, the $2.50 might be worth it, just to send the message to him. Regardless of whether he can carry it off, I doubt he owns a suit.

• Posted by Mark T on 2009/09/22 at 9:33 PM

But just think of how incredible it would be if he wore or t-shirt, sweatpants AND a tie.

Better yet, maybe we should send him one of those tuxedo shirts

4. Posted by Antonio H. on 2009/09/22 at 8:42 PM

jesus F. Shuttlesworth. hilarious comments. for the sake of humor, you guys(Matt & Mark) should spare Matthew N the censorship and put that comment in the hall of fame.

Nick’s anecdote is quite the knee slapper as well. at least they didnt show the rock paper scissors championships. Who knows what you wouldve done to yourself had that been on

• Posted by Mark T on 2009/09/22 at 9:34 PM

In an emergency meeting tonight, the HOF committee passed a by-law outlawing male cheerleaders from the HOF.

(we kid, Matthew N., we kid)

5. Posted by matthewsf on 2009/09/22 at 8:55 PM

We might just put this whole post in the HOF.

The committee meets next week. We are also considering BB’s T&T 90 degree sweat pants for admission to the Jimmy Conrad Wing.

Thanks, I’ll be here all night.

6. [...] ESPN2 chooses Jumping Rope over Champions League Semi-Final contributed by Nick [...]