U-S-A!…U-S-A!…U-S-A!

We’ll be back in the morning with the recap, stories and analysis, but tonight it is all about celebrating.

The USMNT is on it’s way to South Africa and the 2010 World Cup Finals.

It was an amazing atmosphere at O’Brien’s in San Diego complete with people standing in the parking lot and Charlie Davies dad.

The match itself was a tale of two halves with a 0-0 first half followed by a 5-goal second. Thankfully, the US tallied 3 of the 5 second half goals.

Conor Casey, the surprise starter manned up and  netted two. Lando curled in the eventual game winner on a free kick…not to mention his perfect assist on Casey’s second.

The victory chalice is raised at O'Brien's

The victory chalice is raised at O'Brien's

1. Posted by Antonio H. on 2009/10/10 at 10:03 PM

DID I MENTION I FAIL? (see “Strating XI”)

2. Posted by matthewsf on 2009/10/10 at 11:02 PM

Not to mention Casey earning the penalty on Donovan’s eventual free kick goal — lots to talk about in the morning.

3. Posted by yeah! on 2009/10/10 at 11:26 PM

i’m kinda glad it wasn’t on tv. I was @ nevada smith’s in nyc. what a party! there was beer dripping from the ceiling after CC’s amazing 1st goal. way more fun than on the sofa!

• Posted by Kevin on 2009/10/11 at 6:22 AM

I’m not happy cuz anywhere I went to try to watch the live feed I got a about 5 minutes of viewing time followed by 10 minutes of looking for a new place to watch it. eventually I ran out of places to watch it.

4. Posted by Pckilgore on 2009/10/11 at 6:38 AM

This game should have been on ESPN…. Last night i’m sitting in the middle of a party going nuts knowing that we won but not knowing how. Painful.
    And anyones opinion on the place of the MLS as a whole aside, I hope you now understand what an incredible benefit it is to us soccer. I can never rememer a year that we’ve had this kind of depth.

Iceman with a start? Awesome. Donovan’s goal? World class.
    Just wow. How did our federation let so many fans miss this game?

5. Posted by Kevin U. on 2009/10/11 at 9:52 AM

I was not able to watch the game and I couldnt find a place to watch a replay of it…..so if anyone can find a website where they have the replay of the game PLEASE let me know…USA WORLD CUP 2010!!