Arsenal buzzes Toppledham & a Happy Birthday

bendtner

Let's hope Bendtner is not shelved

Arsenal has just wrapped up a 3-0 North London derby after finding the back of the net twice within a minute of halftime. Had Emirates not scored the double there, you could have envisioned a pretty entertaining 2nd half.

Cesc Fabregas added the 2nd before halftime. The Spaniard took the ball in the middle of the pitch and commenced a

toure_brothers

Other soccer bros.: Yaya & Kolo

dazzling run through the Rednapper’s defense finishing with a low liner past Hotspur’s Gomez. It will be on highlight shows for a few weeks if you missed it.

One little addendum for USMNT fans here, Denmark’s Nicklas Bendtner limped off about halfway through the 1st half with what looked like a groin injury. It would be a shame if the Yanks’ defense didn’t get tested by him come November 18th.

And one administrative note, please wish TSG brother Mark a very happy birthday today. Though he moves like he’s in his 60’s, he only recently crossed the chasm to his early 30’s.

Happy Birthday Mark.

1. Posted by kaya on 2009/10/31 at 10:08 AM

Happy 29th Birthday, Mark. Here’s to many more =)
    This is finally going to be the year Arsenal win the championship. I can feel it.

2. Posted by Shane on 2009/10/31 at 10:33 AM

Happy B-Day… Tottenham looked like a small club today.. And i agree i hope Bendtner is alright. The injury looked serious to me though.. Denmark and Arsenal might not want him playing in friendly if not fully fit…

3. Posted by Kevin on 2009/10/31 at 10:41 AM

Happy Halloween… uh… I mean birthday. I’d love to have a Halloween birthday

4. Posted by Mark T on 2009/10/31 at 10:45 AM

Thanks Kaya and Shane. I marked my birthday this morning, by cracking open FIFA ’10 and taking down Mexico a few times even with Bradley and Clark starting. (I won’t tell you what level I was playing on.)

Just finished watching an entertaining first half of the Arsenal game (on DVR). Spurs seemed to be up to the task in the early going, routinely picking off possession in the mid-field due to a combination of all-out effort and some spotty play by Arsenal. Van Persie mad a hard-charging run to the post on the first, but I think Gomes could have done better. The Fabregas goal was a one-man blitz.

Looking around the match reports today, EPL awash in red today with 8 straight send-offs in 8 games including Geovanni for Hull. By the way, Altidore was the first sub off the bench in the 59th for Hull and picked up a yellow card of his own. (Didn’t see the match though, so can’t report much more than that.)

5. Posted by matthewsf on 2009/10/31 at 11:32 AM

I knew I should have went with the Riise brothers — How about baby Bjorn (terrible joke I know) making the bench for Fulham today.

Good tally for Dempsey — not the greatest that EJ doesn’t make the bench and the elder back-up Nevland comes in at the half and tallies the game winner.

6. Whats the news with Jozy? 33 Minutes isn’t bad, but I can’t find much on how he played.

7. Posted by Antonio H. on 2009/10/31 at 5:04 PM

Happy Birthday to my TSG Brother!

8. Posted by Matternst on 2009/11/01 at 2:22 PM

My thoughts exactly when I saw Bendtner limping. I hope he is able to play for the US friendly and, being a Gooner, for Arse as well.. Happy birthday Mark..

9. [...] matthewsf in USMNT. Tagged: Marek Hamsik, Nicklas Bendtner. Leave a Comment A quick follow-up from some comments on Saturday: Bendtner for [...]