Charlie Davies “Released From Care”

Charlie-davies

CD9, focused on the road to recovery.

According to Soccer Insider / Steven Goff, Charlie Davies has been “released from care” in DC after spending time at Washington Hospital Center and the National Rehabilitation Hospital.

Goff reports that in a statement released by the hospital Davies said:

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who has dealt with me in the Hospital Center and NRH for really putting in the time to help me get better as a person and as an athlete. I continue to improve every day and I look forward to getting back on my feet and attacking rehabilitation. Thank you for everyone’s support, it really means a lot to me.

“Attacking rehabilitation”…that’s the spirit.

And from Grant Wahl via Twitter:

Asked Charlie Davies’ dad if CD has hopes of recovering for World Cup. “He’s progressing very well. He’s going to surprise many people.”

Keep CD9 in your thoughts.

1. Posted by kaya on 2009/11/10 at 1:18 PM

I guess the lawyers won’t be giving Charlie back his iphone for a while…

2. Posted by Dylan on 2009/11/10 at 1:48 PM

Absolutely fantastic news, best wishes to CD.

3. Posted by kaya on 2009/11/10 at 2:05 PM

One thing that worries me… weren’t they originally talking about him being in the hospital for 2 weeks? And hasn’t it been now almost a month?

• Posted by Mark T on 2009/11/10 at 2:11 PM

From how I read it the four weeks have been a combination of surgeries and rehab in two facilities.

Either way, it is going to be a long road back and it is great to hear he is making good progress and, at least publicly, determined and in good spirits about it.

• Posted by matthewsf on 2009/11/10 at 2:25 PM

I think it would be great is Charlie could “showcase” his rehab like he did his career. I think it would drive him (though I can’t speak for him), but more importantly be inspirational.

He’s so good with being public and entertaining so to speak–I just think that would be cool.

• Posted by Mark T on 2009/11/10 at 2:51 PM

I am guessing that with his PR people they’ll be chronicling his recovery. I wonder if Wahl is looking in that direction for his next book as he seems to have access to the family.

• Don’t you guys have access to his dad too? I seem to recall the Stanky Leg being done at the bar one of you was at for the Honduras encounter. I smell a Shin Guardian book….

It would be really cool to see something about his efforts; it would be inspirational to everyone, current players who are taking their positions for granted especially.

4. Posted by shane on 2009/11/16 at 11:20 AM

If I know Davies the way I think I know him he will be keeping his fans up to date on his rehab..