Orange Wedges is TSG’s game day post that kicks-off within 24-hours of game time
and is updated until kick-off.
The USMNT takes on Denmark today in its 24th and final match of 2009. Kick-off is scheduled for 2:30pm EST / 11:30am PST.
For those not in the City of Smiles, television coverage begins at 2:25 EST / 11:25 PST on ESPNClassic. Upon the conclusion of the 2nd leg of the Ukraine / Greece WCQ which is being shown on ESPN2, the USMNT match will be simulcast on both ESPNClassic and ESPN2.
The match can also be viewed on what has become the best part of ESPN online empire, ESPN360.
(Aside: The USMNT is on two channels for a November friendly versus Denmark, but couldn’t even get one channel for its World Cup clinching match versus Honduras…that makes sense.)
- Well, no Sacha Kljestan in the eighteen, so that solves that issue. In more significant news, no Conor Casey either. TSG will post the starting XI when it is released about an hour before kick-off.
- With the two new midfielders called in you have to wonder whether Bradley was guarding against a potentially nervous Mr. Victoria’s Secret as the Final 2 will be announced in his girlfriend’s “competition” today. (Please note sarcasm.)
- Looks like the US will close out the 2009 campaign in cold, windy and potentially rainy Aarhus.
- After Steve Cherundolo lost a disputed team shooting competition to Jozy Altidore prior to the Slovakia friendly, word out of US Soccer is that Carlos Bocanegra prevailed in today’s finishing competition. Have US Soccer and TSG been searching in the wrong place for the stand-in for CD9?
- The game will take place at NRGi Park in Aarhus, the home stadium for Danish Superliga team AGF Aarhus and UMSNT’s own Benny Feilhaber
- The US will once again don the gray (okay…anthracite) kits which make them look pretty tough
- For TSG’s full preview see: Wrapping Up 2009…And Hopefully Denmark