You Take the Good, You Take the Bad

Wayward son

On a day when Mike Grella made news for US strike hopefuls by smacking two, Eddie Johnson….put on the transfer list at Fulham as they try to relieve payroll.

There is really not much more to add as the career trajectory of this USMNT striker is as unpredictable and volatile as they come.

Good luck on seeking and finding playing time EJ.

1. Posted by Dylan on 2009/12/09 at 8:24 AM

Any chance he would come back to the MLS next season?

• Posted by matthewsf on 2009/12/09 at 9:30 AM

It’s probably his best chance I would think, but in the meantime I would be trying back in the lower divisions where he was loaned for a shot through the end of the season.

• Posted by Dylan on 2009/12/09 at 10:05 AM

I’ve always wondered why players (mostly U.S. players) would allow themselves to be buried on European squads. Just to be in Europe? I think even Adu would do himself some good by coming back to the states, at least to get some competitive pitch time. Just thinking out loud, but any thoughts on that?

Also Clint Deuce has really looked great lately for Fulham, I think he is going to shine in SA this summer. Landon has to shine for us to make waves in the cup, but I think even more so Clint does.

2. Posted by kaya on 2009/12/09 at 1:11 PM

I’m here to rain on the Grella parade….
    How is scoring 2 goals against a semi-professional team a big deal?
    I hear the english compare the MLS to a bottom of the Championship table as an insult to the american league, so then what does that say about playing in the “1st league”?
    I’m probably missing something, and if so, would like to be enlightened.

• Posted by matthewsf on 2009/12/09 at 1:15 PM

Well first, Leeds is still a somewhat respectable team.

Grella is young and really hasn’t been given much of a chance….(I’ve been following him a bit)

He just came out of college and got over to Europe fairly quickly.
      If you read the Leeds message boards, all the fans want him to play more than he has.

That being said, it’s just nice to see a USMNT up-and-comer….he’s not ready for 2010….but good to see some run.

3. Posted by kaya on 2009/12/09 at 7:56 PM

Btw, I loved The Facts of Life.