Lunch, Backpack, Check! TSG Goes To Camp

Is Marvell Going "A" or "B" team?

Update: We’re in the process of figuring out the days we’ll be in camp and who we want to chat with….so last shot here folks.

The Shin Guardian is going to attend the USMNT January camp.

Want to know how Geoff Cameron feels about his first call-up?

Want to know how Benny! feels about being one of the senior guys leading the charge?

Want to know how Kyle Beckerman washes the dreds?

Use the comment section below and let us know who you want us to (try and) speak with and what you want us to (try and) ask.

Happy holidays and happy New Year.

One more quick note….TSG will be heading to the January 23rd game against Honduras as well.

“RIMANDO!” “RIMANDO!”

1. Posted by Evan on 2009/12/26 at 6:09 PM

Ask Sacha why he ever cut his hair.

• Posted by matthewsf on 2009/12/27 at 9:58 PM

I’m sorry Evan — I can’t authorize that question — no more camera time for the man with so much talent who only likes to pimp his girl and push the refs.

2. Posted by Matt B on 2009/12/26 at 6:46 PM

I know there are lots of opinions out there about Geoff Cameron’s best position, but I’d like to know what he thinks his best position is and where he prefers to play.

• Posted by Kevin on 2009/12/26 at 11:19 PM

I want to know what position he sees himself as and prefers to play. If he were to say something besides defender, I would want to know why and the style in which he would carry out that position (ex: Cobi Jones vs Ronaldo vs Stu vs Messi styles of play). There’s actual terms for them, but I’m not quite sure what they are.

3. How the heck did you guys get an invite to January camp and Frankie Hejduk doesn’t?!?!?!

All kidding aside… its great the access TSG is starting to get. First ESPN now USMNT. How did you pull it off?

Too bad Frankie isn’t in camp then you could’ve asked him personally about the FBM and our scintillating offer.

My only question is how bad are you going to lose it standing next to Benny? A marriage proposal in the works?

4. Posted by matthewsf on 2009/12/27 at 9:59 PM

Thanks Dan.

We’re working hard over here for our audience–that’s how we get the invites. Actually, I think we provide balanced coverage, we work hard to research stories without getting paid–something the paid guys don’t even do. :>

My brother is headed down there. And I will likely try to make it down there. I’m going to bring a San Francisco Black Sox jersey and see if I can trade with Benny! after an intra-squad scrimmage. What do you think?

• You’re not going to get an argument from us about the balance and quality in your coverage. Things are great here.

The FBM is considering a trip to Cali for the game.. we might have to meet up. Maybe you can smuggle us in for the Friday last practice.

As for trading jerseys… I think that’s a go. Benny seems like a guy who’d go for that. Don’t forget to have him sign it, “Benny!”

• Posted by matthewsf on 2009/12/28 at 8:15 AM

Thanks as always for the compliments Dan.

Let us know if you head to the game and we’ll try and procure that MVP-Ale from the guys. We might try and bring a few down if they have any leftover as well for Dax, Kyle and Eddie.

You know what, we’ll throw that column up in the sidebar.

5. Posted by Antonio H. on 2009/12/28 at 9:49 PM

Ask Bob if he thinks Louis Gil or Dilly Duka will make the next WC squad despite their age.

• Posted by Antonio H. on 2009/12/30 at 2:03 PM

seriously. . .that’s a good question isn’t it?

• Posted by matthewsf on 2009/12/30 at 5:09 PM

I’ll ask a general question around Antonio…but you know what…we’ve been thinking about players to interview…maybe we’ll shoot for Coach Sweatpants himself.

• I would love for someone to get you questioning Bobbo on camera asking him if he’ll wear the sweats again on the 23rd, and what he thinks of the moniker “Coach Sweatpants”, but then I have a messed up sense of humor.

6. Posted by Dylan on 2009/12/30 at 2:52 PM

I’m not sure who you would ask, but I’m wondering if there is any talk about bringing in Adu for the Camp now that he is in limbo at present. My personal hopes are yes.

• Posted by matthewsf on 2009/12/30 at 5:08 PM

Dylan:

Probably not the right timing on Adu. Remember, Benfica still has Adu under contract and has no obligations to release him for this camp.

Furher, though BB waffles on his own statements here, Adu has barely played. Hard to give a player who’s had chances more when he’s not even playing.

I don’t support Adu making his camp. He needs to do was Beasley did…somehow, someway find some pitch time, sharpen up and show that he still has a leas what he used to have.

7. Posted by ChrisR on 2009/12/30 at 7:30 PM

Props to you guys on the invite. Very cool.

Chris Pontius is a guy I am interested in. He was solid for DCU early in the year and seemed to wear down over the season. No specific questions for him but I am interested to hear if he has even an outside chance to make the trip to South Africa. I love the idea of some young / gritty guys making this team to mix in with the core group.