The Deuce Abides!

Sheer mustard from Clint as Fulham tried to climb back into today’s 3-2 loss to Stoke.

What a shot! Good night John Harkes’ boombosa!

1. Posted by Antonio H. on 2010/01/05 at 10:46 PM

In the words of Pablo Ramirez, commentator for Galavision: “Le Pego con alma, vida, corazon, potencia, y una gran supilasa, Golaaaaso Golaaaaso Golaso. ‘Aso ‘Aso ‘Asoooo.”

Clint my man is on an upward swing. I think he already has as many goals for Fulham this year as he did last year. And we’re halfway through the season. He relishes performing on the big stage. I don’t think we’ll be seeing any Harvey “Two-Face” Dempsey come summertime, especially if he keeps this up. He assisted on Duff’s strike too, right?

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/01/06 at 9:47 AM

Yup….on the assist.

Forthcoming column here that debates is the American team should have been built around Deuce instead of Lando…give it a few weeks….we’re making it debate style.

• Posted by Kevin on 2010/01/06 at 6:35 PM

Don’t even get me started. You are giving me a liscense to fully evaluate player styles with that one, but I’ll just wait untill you post it.

On Deuce, he is just on fire. Attacking wise, he is just owning the english which only proves more that he should be deployed on our squad as an attacking mid. People like Stu, but he won’t play if Demps and Lando play in his spot and Deuce is torching up the defense while the farther up Lando plays the less impact we gain. Could Deuce and Lando be any more opposites? We need to be more offensive and smooth and Deuce is the only guy who I think can do that in our current pool of players. I just wish we could use him there with a healthy Charlie Davies. Honestly, with Deuce in that spot and Davies up top, there is no reason why we should beat England this uhh… winter.

2. Sheer mustard is right, sheer feckin extra spicy mustard!

3. Posted by Shane on 2010/01/06 at 9:43 AM

He hit that ball like it stole something from him!! Amazing Shot!

4. Posted by matthewsf on 2010/01/06 at 9:32 PM

Next time there is a big time laser shot well run a column and give away a prize for the best goal description.

Hitting it like it stole something from him….brilliant.

5. Posted by Jake on 2010/01/06 at 10:56 PM

err… ok I am game. Lets see..

How about this:
    After Dempsey’s strike

HOLY BALLS BATMAN, I JUST SHAT MY PANTS!!

or better yet

Tommy Smyth to Shaka Hislop “Shaka, I think Mr. Dempsey just wizzed on the electric fence!”

ok, ok sorry fellas,
    I think i need to go to the bathroom
    Later

6. [...] their upcoming Lando – Deuce debate, but the “two-face” comment from Antonio in the recent The Deuce Abides! post reminded me of a question TSG asked of both Alexi Lalas and John Harkes last month at [...]