Orange Wedges is TSG’s gameday post that is updated until kick-off.
The USMNT takes the pitch for the first time in 2010 for a friendly versus Honduras tomorrow in Los Angeles (Carson). It has been 66 days since we last saw the US squad put on a forgettable performance in Denmark, but this is a new year…a World Cup year!
The match will kick-off at 9:oopm Eastern / 6:00pm Pacific time and can be viewed on Fox Soccer Channel and Telefutura. TSG will be converging on Carson to watch the match live from in the American Outlaws section at the Home Depot Center.
- An important reminder for US Soccer fitness coach Pierre Barrieu when it comes to evaluating player performances tonight, “Although Saturday’s match is a chance for individual players to make a statement…This game is only one day out of 24. It all goes into the evaluation of the whole camp — their training habits, their attitude — all the things we evaluate on a daily basis.” (quote via ESPN Soccernet)
- Recent TSG interviewee King Jonathan (Bornstein) of Honduras talks to ESPN Soccernet about his gameday routine and a recent encounter with a Honduran soccer fan. The leftback is also auction off the boots he wore versus Costa Rica in October with the proceeds going to the Red Cross for their relief efforts in Haiti.
- 10 players from the January 2006 camp made the final World Cup roster for the USMNT. Who will it be this time around?
- Though the field will probably soggy from this week’s deluge, there is a only a small chance of rain for the game.
- For TSG’s full preview see: Not Quite October 10th, But We’ll Take It
A friendly versus Honduras also provides some relevancy to post the Honduran radio call of Jonathan Bornstein’s header that propelled Los Catrachos to the World Cup finals.