It’s Dempsey’s Turn: Deuce’s 17 for the USMNT

In the last two days, USMNT fans have been treated to some great goal compilation videos of Landon Donovan and Jozy Altidore. And now comes Clint Dempsey’s 17 strikes for the USMNT.

After seeing Clint’s early celebrations (including the “Carlton” from Fresh Prince), the next video I’d like to see is a Top 10 USMNT goal celebrations of the last 10 years.

——————————————————————

——————————————————————

TSG’s always interested in supporting those who spread love for the beautiful game, and especially members of the USMNT. So, we reached out to the man at the controls of 723FootballFilms (Rob) and asked him a few questions.

TSG: How and when did you get interested in the USMNT? What other teams do you follow?

Rob: I’d say I got into Soccer when I was about 12 during the 2002 World Cup. I’d always been a diehard sports fan, so a kid on Summer break staying up at 4am watching the USA upset a World power. Needless to say, I was hooked. I’m not really a diehard fan of any clubs. I usually just support the clubs that have Yanks such as Everton, Hull, Fulham, etc. I do plan on becoming a Philadelphia Union fan though. I felt it was the perfect time to pick an MLS team to support since I don’t have a local team.

TSG: Why is Jozy Altidore your favorite player? (Note: Early in our dialogue, Rob mentioned his affinity for the former Red Bull.)

Rob: I first saw him in the MLS playoffs when he was 16 and he scored a beautiful header. I had no idea who he was. I researched him online and saw that he was American. I’ve followed his career ever since.

TSG: Any significance to the name 723FootballFilms?

Rob: As for 723, I used to be a huge David Beckham fan before he sold out and came to MLS. 7 has been my favorite Soccer number for forever. I just tacked on 23 when he moved to Real Madrid.

TSG: Any plans for future videos?

Rob: I’ll do plenty of videos.

——————————————————————

If you have any ideas for Rob or others who are putting together USMNT videos, leave them in the comment section.

1. Posted by Bob on 2010/02/10 at 10:41 PM

Well …. since you asked. It would be awesome if he also focused on the best saves by Tim Howard. Great job, btw, it has been fun watching these vids.

2. Posted by Evan on 2010/02/10 at 11:03 PM

Landon’s 96 MLS goals. Kidding….kind of

3. Posted by Antonio H. on 2010/02/10 at 11:26 PM

Matt

pretty sure you saw this coming. . .eventually

Duliver Duka 100 best goals of the 2010-11 season

4. This would take a ton of work, but how about the whole qualifying cycle for the CONCACAF Region, from start to finish. It’d be great to see a split screen of Bornstein’s header with the Honduras celebrations when they found out.

5. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/02/11 at 8:28 AM

What I like about Dempsey’s goals, is the range of finishes he can apply. He can drive, place, a little deft flick; head with power, or glance. And the video also highlights that the USA score some well work teams goals (that Dempsey finshed off).

He also has a knack of arriving in the box at the right time (ie timing his runs). This is immeasurable and should not be underestimated. Sort of thing that is hard to coach.

6. Posted by Evan on 2010/02/11 at 12:22 PM

Lets see Beasley’s goals. He also has 17, although over a much longer period of time and generally against weaker teams, but still.

7. Posted by Max G on 2010/02/11 at 12:51 PM

I just discovered the 723 videos yesterday and I was blown away by the amount of footage compiled. Excellent job, Rob!

8. I want to know where he gets all the footage from!

9. Posted by 723FootballFilms on 2010/02/11 at 3:06 PM

Thanks for all the comments guys glad you are enjoying the videos. Many more to come!

10. Posted by tnnelson on 2010/04/14 at 2:52 PM

dempsey has the most badass celebrations ive ever seen. they’re unique everytime and they are always cool. not too mention he’s a pretty damn good footballer too, obviously