A long weekend away for The Shin Guardian. Quick middle day update (c’mon V’day and we’re still publishing):
• Freddy Adu gets on the scoresheet for Aris and gets a great reception from his teammates and the fans.
• Deal him in!: A goal and assist for Chris Rolfe as Aalborg took on and took down the Feilhabers Saturday in a frie
ndly, 4-1. Game winner for the former Fire man; hear that Collins John?!
Did Rolfe just make himself a player in the USMNT striker discussion?
• CD9 proclaims he’s ready to head back overseas. Check it.
• Stu Holden cites David Beckham’s contributions to the beautiful game in the States. Funny, we just selected Beckham to tutor Holden in our mentor piece.
• Sweatpants Jr.’s “highlights” from Bo’Munchen’s victory over Nurnberg Friday.
• Plymouth Argyle knocks in three against Barnley Saturday, but Kenny Cooper stays rooted to the bench.
• FA Cup 5th round: Stu Holden likely in the 18 today as Captain Courage and Bolton take on Tottenham in the best game of the day on Sunday.
• FA Cup 5th round: Brad Guzan should start when Aston Villa travel to Crystal Palace.
• Everton’s teen supreme Jack Rodwell rumored be available for a cool $30M if you want ’em. Take that Jack Wilshere.
• If your celebrating V-day with the lady, be proud you’re not one of these guys. If you’re not…well then don’t take to the pub there are better things to do.
Courtesy TSG commenter Connor:
Found this awesomeness today. It would make an excellent opener for whatever you decide to run on Valentines day.
If you’re Puma, well does this really speak to your brand?
• We’ve mentioned it before: Barba Roja Strong Red Ale from Argentina, making it somewhere in the Beer & Soccer Series. Bully.