The 1st of the month in 2010 usually means issuing our monthly World Cup boarding passes.
However, one problem…the USMNT is currently embarked on a friendly trip to Amsterdam to discover how close or how far they are off world class pace. TSG will also get a little more insight on who’s making that plane as well.
So we’ll delay our boarding passes series and use March 1st to kick-off a new column here at TSG that we’ll simply call, “The Odds.”
It will go like this, whether within the column or in the comments, odds will be laid down on an event, for example, “A Benny Feilhaber goal against England on June 12th.”
I say “1,000 to 1.” By the feedback we get in the comments, we’ll move the “line” on the event up or down and then publish all the prognostications, likely up top in the navigation bar.
Remember, we need you’re feedback to move the line.
I’ll take a shot at kicking us off in a mini-version here, please contribute yours in the comments:
• 2 to 1: Landon Donovan gets two or more goals at World Cup 2010.
• 5 to 1: Steve Cherundolo gets in a game at World Cup 2010 before Jonathan Bornstein.
• Even money: US gets beyond the Group Stage at World Cup 2010.
• 10 to 1: Jermaine Jones makes an appearance for Bob Bradley’s squad before June.
• 10 to 1: Alejandro Bedoya makes the World Cup roster
• 2 to 1: Ricardo Clark starts June 12th
I’ll stop here for now and will blow this concept out, if you like it, in the next column.
5 to 1: Michael Bradley scores in the group stage (B-Mac)
3 to 1: Charlie Davies makes the WC 2010 roster (Evan)