Entry #2: United States of Golazo

The Don’t Tread Challenge is TSG’s search for for the most insanely awesome video that gets fans fired up about USMNT heading into the World Cup. Voting will take place the end of March. For all entries, please click here.

————————————————–

United States of Golazo

by John Santos

About the creator: Entry #2 comes from John Santos who simply write, “Long live the US Soccer team. I don’t care if there are teams in Europe, Latin America or Asia that might be better….uh, expletive, expletive…”

Entry #2’s got:

The two best goals from the Gold Cup (aka Stu’s blast and Benny’s spin-o-rama)…check

CD9 doing the stanky leg…check

Rico Clark downing Trinidad & Tobago…check and more…

1. Other than the nickelback this was a great video

2. Posted by Swa on 2010/03/01 at 12:50 PM

WHO PUTS TOGETHER A USMNT COMPILATION AND THEN SETS THE VIDEO TO CANADIAN MUSIC???

• Posted by Mark T on 2010/03/01 at 12:59 PM

Hey, Canada is America’s hat!

• Posted by Swa on 2010/03/01 at 1:56 PM

I have all kinds of respect for Canada and it’s health care system, continuing to carry the McRib, hockey proficiency and Dwayne DeRosario, BUT you can’t express your USMNT pride with a band from Hanna, Alberta. You just can’t.

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/03/01 at 2:02 PM

Would you rather it be the Goo Goo Dolls from Buffalo, NY…I wouldn’t :>

I would take Neil Young though…

• My first thought after reading this comment, before I got to the below, was for some CCR or Bruce. But in the angst ridden alternative vein, I think “Best of You” by the Foo Fighters or “Break So Easily” by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones would be a killer soundtrack to one of these videos. Especially given our propensity to underperform and then rise from the ashes. (You heard it here first – look for LannyCakes to make amends for the sitter he missed on Saturday, I’d only give you Even Money Odds on that one.)

3. Posted by John on 2010/03/01 at 1:26 PM

I also double as a fan of WWE (can’t wait for Wrestlemania). The music is the opening theme for Monday Night Raw.

4. Posted by Dylan on 2010/03/01 at 1:43 PM

Sweet

5. Posted by Swa on 2010/03/01 at 2:06 PM

My first inklings were Creedence or the Legendary E Street Band. Neil Young is quite the patriot too. Just none of that racist Toby Keith trash.

6. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/03/01 at 2:21 PM

I love these videos, and I’m not even American! Great job.

7. Posted by matthewsf on 2010/03/01 at 4:09 PM

This video has taken about 45 minutes out of my otherwise productive day….a thank you for that.

8. Posted by brian on 2010/03/01 at 4:14 PM

even a pickle has more fans then nickelback

does anyone else watch that casey goal and think he only fakes out the goalie because he looks like he is going to trip over the ball

9. Posted by kaya on 2010/03/01 at 4:44 PM

Besides the fact this song is like the equivalent of one of Matt’s weekend soccer globes, I don’t see what the problem is.

10. Posted by Pino on 2010/03/01 at 11:20 PM

goal @ 1:11 is a thing of beauty. When did that happen, i saw the gold cup sign but what year?

11. Posted by MJ on 2010/03/03 at 6:54 PM

this video was cool dont like the music tho but it is better than the speech
    bad quality clips tho

12. Posted by Zack on 2010/03/04 at 6:09 PM

I agree with MJ regarding the quality of the clips. Very choppy and pixelated. Foo Fighters “Best of Yoy”woulda been the ideal choice for this video. Overall, this video got me way more pumped for USMNT action than “The Speech” did. Keep up all the good work.

13. Posted by Johnny on 2010/03/05 at 2:43 PM

monday night raw music? lol but the video was cool the footage was not excellent quality but liked it i give it 5 stars

14. Posted by matthewsf on 2010/04/01 at 11:38 PM

Yes, I just watched this one again

You know what’s amazing…watch Quaranta’s goal starting with the lead-up around 1:00

Benny gets knocked to the ground and stays there and it looks like he’s expecting the score (he may be hollering for the foul) but still looks cool.

15. [...] The United States of Golazo USA v Australia JOIN AO JOIN AO SHOP AO 06.12.10 USA v England [...]