Wednesday Night At The USMNT Movies…

Preview...

Just too much goodness coming from the USMNT fanbase to not just do a quick post on a bunch of USMNT videos making their rounds:

• First, from Don’t Tread Challenger Luis, an ode to bulletproof Timmy Howard:

———-

• Second, from who-else-but-723Football Films, trying to make sense of the USMNT’s “love” for playing Mexico:

———-

• Third, a little Edan mixed with a little J Dilla mixed with a whole lot of love for Team Bradley. Like we said, anyone that can chuck a “CONCACAF” into a rap gets a nod from TSG:

———-

• Bringing you back yet again….2002:

———-

Non USMNT-specific:

• FIFA rips Don’t Tread Challenger Jay’s musical score with their promo for their World Cup 2010 video game:

———-

• TSG’s issues our Eric Wynalda Award to Nigel De Jong for last Wednesday’s “antics”:

———-

• Kaka falls in a hole and Messi bumps his head in this Pepsi video. Best part? The ridiculous cruise attire being worn by Frank Lampard and Co.:

———-

• We don’t post a lot of just plain goal videos, but this one from Down Under is flat out….gnarly:

———-

Sleeper Video

• Hey Deuce…heard that comeback is on track and then some…the USMNT and American fans miss you (Repost from 2009)

1. Posted by CJ on 2010/03/10 at 4:04 PM

If Clint Dempsey returns in top form from injury, it’s official, his new nickname is…. Tony Stark, the Spark, Ironman!!

2. hahaha i didnt notice before, but the us celebration after the first goal in the confed cup is so classic. run up, jump on pile for a sec, congratulate demps. repeat five to eight times. awessssooommeeeee.

3. Posted by patrickhattrick on 2010/03/10 at 7:04 PM

Love the Pepsi commercial. I think that soccer commercials have such a head start on other commercials it’s crazy. I mean, the Airport soccer one is clearly the best commercial of all time. I loved the Adidas one in 2006, with Jose the little kid in a pickup game with the stars. This pepsi one was good, and the soundtrack was really good. Same with the FIFA World Cup 2010 Game commercial soundtrack. I don’t know if I’ll get it or not, but I liked that commercial.

• Posted by Kevin on 2010/03/10 at 10:41 PM

I’m gonna get it. I would also like to take this opportunity (since we did bring up the FIFA games) ask if anyone wants to make a TSG club on FIFA 10?

• Posted by Antonio H. on 2010/03/10 at 11:49 PM

a TSG club? explain this brilliance

• Posted by Kevin on 2010/03/11 at 6:08 PM

You can create your own virtual pro and go online with him. You can join an online club made up of other people’s virtual pro’s, and I’m suggesting that we could make a club called TSG FC or something like that. It would be fun, and even George Cross can wear the red, white, and blue he always dreams of.

4. Posted by Marcos on 2010/03/10 at 10:25 PM

hey guys im a huge US fan for some time now but i just am not into the whole hate mexico thing because thats were my parents are from. I know thats our main rival (sucks for me) but i need an alternative to that. Great videos by the way and im also wondering if there is any news on the home jersey and a possible third kit??

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/03/10 at 10:32 PM

Marcos:

Great point on both our posting of the Mexico piece and commentary on our neighbor.
      Let me internalize and think about a column around it.

Third kit…we’ll ask Nike.

5. Love how the FIFA WC game “got” Bob Bradley. Coach Sweatpants it is!