Update: Jozy Hamstrung on Saturday

A picture of Jozy on the pitch at KC Stadium

Update: Thanks to K-Mac and Robert Brown 86 passing along.

A hamstring injury for Big Jeezy according to the Yorkshire Post. We’ll let you know if there is anything further.

—————

Rumors abounded Saturday morning.

Both Jozy Altidore and Amr Zaki rumored to go for scans.

Now confirmed by the Hull City Mail, but no details.

Someone post them here if they come as TSG will be sans Internet for the next 24.

Thanks.

—-

In separate news, despite the Hammers succumbing 2-0 to the Wengers, Jonathan Spector was solid at RB for Zola’s squad.

1. Posted by JohnnyF on 2010/03/20 at 1:30 PM

re: Spector….he did okay but looked fatigued at the end and I believe gave the ball away about 10 yards from the edge of the box which led to arsenal’s second goal (PK). I could be wrong.

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/03/20 at 1:39 PM

I didn’t see the end but watched about 70 minutes and he played arshavin smartly throughout. Looked very composed on the day from the period I witnessed.

Hopefully someone else will weigh in. Or a replay goes up.

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/03/20 at 1:39 PM

He did have a cross that benny mccarthy should have done better with.

2. Posted by dude on 2010/03/20 at 1:40 PM

His injury better not be anything. I mean it.

3. Posted by pino on 2010/03/20 at 1:45 PM

Just wrote the joke of a reporter Alex Beam an email. I recommended him a few site he should check out in case he decides to write about US soccer again. What an ass hat.

4. Posted by 723FootballFilms on 2010/03/20 at 2:09 PM

What a nightmare, hopefully it’s nothing for Jozy. Just something to get him a few weeks rest hopefully.
    —–

As for Specs, RB is where he is more valuable to us. His crossing ability is so important for our attacking scheme (see the Confed. Cup).

5. Posted by kaya on 2010/03/20 at 6:27 PM

I don’t think that was Spector that gave the ball away. For the part I saw, he looked like he did a decent job containing Arshavin. I’m still at the mercy of p2p, so my impressions are subject to poor resolution :>

6. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/03/21 at 5:21 AM

I thought Spector had a decent game after the first 10 minutes, at first I felt he didn’t impose himself and he also got a little too tight on Arshavin. Once he dropped off a yard, Arshavin didn’t turn him or out-run or out-muscle him. West Ham did a good job doubling up on Arshavin and Nasri. Spector was pretty solid and delivered a few good balls in to the Arsenal box, with one particularly good cross late on.

7. Posted by kaya on 2010/03/21 at 2:39 PM

Dude. Alls I gots to say is Messi Messi Messi de nuevo.

8. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/03/21 at 3:13 PM

Tengo indicio cero de lo que usted habla…

9. I’m a Hammers fan and I frequent their most popular blogs/sites. Pretty much all of the supporters are in agreement that this was Spector’s best performance for the club. And they pretty much hate him haha

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/03/21 at 10:18 PM

Spot on analysis — I never read a good word written about Spector on West Ham until this weekend.

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/03/22 at 5:05 AM

Just watched the highlights again – it was Spector who lost the ball that ultimately led to Arsenal’s second goal.

10. Oh and Eddie Johnson scored today :D

11. Posted by kaya on 2010/03/21 at 10:16 PM

In honor of March Madness, I call Messi the Double Triple Golazero.

12. Posted by KMac on 2010/03/22 at 5:18 AM

Yorkshire Post article referring to Jozy having a hamstring injury…

13. Posted by KMac on 2010/03/23 at 12:02 AM

Matthew et al ,
    Looks like Jozy is hopeful to be back this weekend. Did not train on Monday.

“Jozy Altidore (hamstring) and Amr Zaki (knee) were late casualties in the build-up to Dowie’s first game and although neither trained yesterday, both will be hopeful of recovering in time for this weekend.”