Bloodied McBride, USA, Unbreakable…

Our 2nd or so shot at inhabiting T-Shirtville, USA here at The Shin Guardian: McBride, USA, Unbreakable….

Has anyone, perhaps ever, embodied the spirit of US Soccer resolve more than Brian McBride?

One of my favorite images of US Soccer is one that came during the regrettable campaign of 2006, a smash-and-bash job by Italian Daniele DeRossi as he and McBride contended for a header during the group stage. While the hit came on a rather innocuous play, the resulting image, of a bloodied Brian McBride was apropos for the fervor and style in which McBride plays the game.

Steel

In that vain, we give you “McBride, Unbreakable” a retro shirt conceived by The Shin Guardian and concepted and designed by Prairie Rose Clayton an ardent US soccer fan who most recently had some of her artwork hung on the wall in Charlie Davies’ house. Thank you Rose.

McBride…Unbreakable:

*Zazzle is being a homer. We’ve moved the design over to Shirt Magic for now. I’ve purchased one and think it’s great.

* If it doesn’t work, let us know and we’ll take care of it for you.

* Purchase here.

1. Posted by Shana on 2010/04/01 at 6:11 AM

I am totally getting one of these – great work by Prairie, as always.

2. I said in a previous post that this guy is the best outfield player to ever come out of the US (Friedel being the best!). I am delighted to see he is starting to get the recognition he deserves.

3. Posted by Bob on 2010/04/01 at 12:34 PM

I like the red one. Might be a good shirt to wear for the Turkey game!!!! USA! USA!

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/04/01 at 12:38 PM

Cool — let us know is you want us to post other ones…we’re still looking at different stores.

• Posted by Bob on 2010/04/01 at 1:02 PM

Yes, please do as I have been looking for soccer shirts that I can wear at games, etc. Unlike other sports, it is hard to find soccer specific shirts at Dick’s etc.

• Posted by Bob on 2010/04/01 at 1:32 PM

Don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier … but where are The Shin Guardian t-shirts? One of the best forms of advertising at pubs, games, etc. I would have bought one months ago if I knew they were available!

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/04/01 at 1:43 PM

We’ll get there Bob…still trying to think of the best logo…(hasn’t been a priority really) but if more people want one, I’ll definitely move it up on the list….

• If you want to talk logos drop me a line, that’s actually what I do for a living. I’m a bit pressed for time at the moment but in a few weeks things should open up some.

• Posted by Bob on 2010/04/02 at 5:08 AM

With the friendlies in May and the WC in June, it might be a good idea since everyone will be focused on soccer and we could wear them at parties and pubs or at the friendlies. Or, when Manchester United comes to the USA this summer, we could rock them at those games as well. If nothing else, it might be a good idea to put your logo or something on the back of the McBride and Jozy shirts; something like “this shirt brought to you by The Shin Guardian.”

• You should get a Free Beer Movement shirt…. says some guy totally not affiliated with that organization….

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/04/02 at 6:40 AM

Bob, check these out:
          philosophyfootball.com and bumpypitch.com

• http://www.whoareyadesigns.com/ has a few good ones as well.

4. [...] If interested the TSG t-shirt: McBride: Unbreakable. [...]