There’s a Friday game worth watching: Frankfurt vs. Bo’Munchen
• Do you realize that Ricardo Clark has not played a game yet in 2010…that would be a whole lot more spooky if Maurice Edu wasn’t tearing it up lately at Rangers. Actually speaking of Edu, TSG reader John C was kind enough to drop some info in the comment section Wednesday on Edu. Goes like this:
»Mo Edu went the full 90 today in a 3-1 win over Aberdeen, and got some rave reviews on the Rangers board I looked at. Many of them mentioned that he should be starting for them in the Champ’s league next season.
Just finished watching the match, Edu bossed the midfield and was equally good at breaking up play and starting attacks. He should keep his place for next week. “
Okay, that’s positive.
• Junior Bradley should be back from getting his snout smacked–he’s likely to start. Did a little digging for this one and did you realize that: a) Bradley has only 30 fouls committed this year? b) or that he only have 5…that’s right F-I-V-E yellow cards this year and no reds on the campaign?
Or check this out: c) only 10 fouls suffered for Sweatpants Jr., 10….in 25 games…either Bradley never possesses the ball OR there is a little bit of a bias in there. Anyone want to way in?
Okay — I guess we can give Mikey B a little love on the year:
• TSG got a little guff in the comment section for showing Livepool’s counter, but not giving love to Fulhamerica. Look I like Fulham…with their talent they should be where they are every year, no matter their size.
Here’s your quality Fulham clip…from yesterday. Eat your heart out:
• Marcus Hahnemann draws himself for charity…excellent. See more players here.
• TSG community member Dilly Duka…I mean Antonio (in Antonio’s eyes Mr. Duka can du no wrong) pointed out that the Urban Dictionary is missing a crucial definition: “Flying Hovestad.” Easy to forget this one. Back in November during the friendly series up in Denmark, I translated an article that referenced a shot by Benny Feilhaber where he was airborne when kicking as a “Flying Hovestad.” Thus the term was born.
By the way, if you haven’t checked out the TSG glossary you really should.
• After Man United made the city sob on Wednesday, the Daily Mirror hypothesizes upcoming transfers. Can’t say I disagree. Milner and Villa for Berbatov and Carrick. Michael Carrick’s relationship with Sir Alex has been something more volatile than on-again off-again. Meanwhile the Guardian says Man United have already said no to Villa.