Liverpool Takes Page Out Of The USMNT Book…

Liverpool took down Benfica today, 4-1, in the Europa….and unfurled their 3rd goal much like the USA’s “Counterattack Heard Aroud the World

Check it out: (…and then go check out the USMNTer again).

1. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/04/08 at 3:16 PM

Great counter attack.

Where’s the love for little Fulham?! What a remarkable achievement for such a small club.

• I was unfortunately in a meeting and couldn’t watch the Cottagers game. I was pretty worried after they conceded the 90th minute “away” goal last week. Like you said George, excellent achievement for the perennial mid-tablers. Maybe Manchester United should take a page out of Hodgson’s playbook when it comes to dealing with the Germans…

Can’t wait to see all the Europa League highlights tonight.

2. Posted by Gino on 2010/04/08 at 3:16 PM

Back from my wedding and honeymoon obligations. Good to be back! This was a good counterattack but I gotta say that Landon’s goal against Brazil was just as stunning. The US actually counter was actually quicker than Liverpool’s as fewer defenders had the opportunity to get back. Kuyt’s final pass was sweet though.

• Posted by Kevin on 2010/04/08 at 5:29 PM

You say obligation as if you didn’t want to go on your honeymoon.

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/04/08 at 7:02 PM

13 months of beer from your father-in-law??

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/04/08 at 7:11 PM

You know what’s even greater about this goal. One of if not the best pure striker in the business recognizes Kuyt and his pass in celebration.

Fernando Torres is pure class.

• Posted by Gino on 2010/04/08 at 9:46 PM

George, I’m not aware of this 13 months of free beer custom. Maybe I should move to England and bring the father-in-law along.

Matt, Fernando Torres is a STUD! The day the US can produce a player of his class is the day we play in a World Cup Final.

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/04/09 at 6:01 AM

I think it might be an old wive’s tale, but honeymoon comes from honey beer + moon (lunar calendar = 13 months). I could be wrong, but it’s amusing nonetheless from a man’s point of view…

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/04/09 at 6:03 AM

Why George you do have a heart. And I hear I thought you were just the common England fan….. :>

• Posted by Gino on 2010/04/08 at 9:33 PM

Sorry it took so long to respond. Had to oblige her with some post-honeymoon “intimacy”. No, it’s not as if I didn’t want to go on the honeymoon. It’s just that the timing was bad. First, I missed Duke’s win over Baylor to advance to the Final Four (wedding day), then I missed the classic first leg of Barca/Arsenal (honeymoon). At least I shouldn’t miss much of the World Cup since I have three weeks off from work starting June 12th and she’ll be at work while the games are on. If she only enjoyed my passion for sports she’d be perfect.

3. Posted by itally on 2010/04/08 at 4:27 PM