Wow, what a move and goal by Gareth Bale. Paulo Ferreira your time at Chelsea will be shortly up.
Updates on Americans:
• Tim Howard earns–truly earns–a 3-2 result at Blackburn. Swiss cheese defense in front of him the whole day long.
• Eric Lichaj with a goal for Leyton Orient today in a 2-0 win.
• Jay DeMerit gets called for a phantom penalty apparently as Watford go down 4-1 Leicester – JDM subbed at 57 mins.
• Marcus Hahnemann with a clean sheet on the road today at Fulham
• Hull City travel to Birmingham and come away with a 0-0 draw. Ian Dowie must have been a bit stern after the Burnley debacle. Altidore comes on for about 20 mins in the 2nd half and nearly assists on a would-be goal by Jimmy Bullard.
• Junior Bradley and Bo’Munchen fall to hard-charging Schalke ’04, 3-1. Baby Sweatpants goes the distance.
• Captain Boca America not in the 18 today for Rennes against Lorraine – Romaine Danze is in Boca’s LB spot.
• ‘Dolo goes 90, Hannover however doesn’t show up. 3-0 to Bayern Munich.
• Charlie Davies not in the 18 today for Sochaux. They are up one on Grenoble who have perhaps Slovenia’s best player, Bostjan Cesar at centerback.
TSG is off for the day…hopefully will catch the MLS Cup replay of Galaxy v. RSL later. (Might catch that Chelsea game as well)
• Jozy Altidore starts on the bench for Hull today up at Birmingham. Not sure why Yellow-Card Waiting-to-happen man Craig Fagan gets the start up top on an away pitch.
• Deuce still out for Fulham as they face Wolverhampton who have Marcus Hahnemann between the wickets.
• Tim Howard protects the net against Blackburn up at Ewood Park.