A bevy of USMNT player, broadcasting and fan news hitting the interwebs today:
• Jay DeMerit missed today’s 1-0 Watford loss with an abdomen strain. Doesn’t sound too serious.
• It’s like the anti-Zapruder film. There is a link on the Milan site with big man Oguchi Onyewu training–thanks K-Mac for the tip.
But shouldn’t we be concerned if Gooch wasn’t stretching and doing calisthenics as the video shows….if you venture over you have to install a Microsoft product. Bleck.
• The guys over at One Goal have released the second part of “The Road to South Africa” documentary…this part focuses on a trip to the friendly confines of….the Azteca.
• Big T says that Everton belong legging it out in Europe.
• A little audio bit with the penultimate (kidding) start of the LA Galaxy Landon Donovan with Dan Patrick–his radio show is terrible by the way.
Multiple reports have Clint Dempsey traveling with Fulham to Hamburg for Europa League action this Thursday. Let’s hope he’s above Magic Spray level.
• Talk Turkey: Looking to catch the Tune-Up in City Formerly Known as Donovan McNabb’s? Check out the American Outlaws web store for tickets.
• Speaking of ESPN, Forbes with a piece on ESPN’s coverage of the World Cup.
If you missed some of our pieces on ESPN, you should definitely check them out:
• US Soccer announces that the son of Hollywood heavyweight Lew Wasserman is joining the bid to bring the World Cup to the States in one of the next two go-arounds. Okay, his name is Casey Wasserman….that first barb wasn’t totally fair. Wasserman was a big proponent of the Arena Football League.