Video Science: Late Comers to the WC Party

Our friends at 723 Football Films hook-up the The Shin Guardian with a little visual goodness on Edson Buddle, Ale Bedoya and Herculez Gomez.

Will they be rewarded with their profile in the World Cup 23?

1. Posted by matthewsf on 2010/04/20 at 9:19 AM

Hey Rob, I’ve watched this video 4 times already and you just sent it to me…excellent.

2. Posted by Haze on 2010/04/20 at 10:44 AM

Those Herc highlights look like they came from the ’72 world cup or something; “presented in techni-color”

3. Posted by Colin on 2010/04/20 at 10:59 AM

good video as usual…the more i see of buddle…the more of a believer i become

4. Posted by Scweeb on 2010/04/20 at 3:53 PM

The more i see of all 3 of them the more i want to see them play for the nats!
    Just wondering has anyone watched full games with Bedoya? Cause from the clips i see the man has great vision and a good pass.

5. Posted by foreverorange25@gmail.com on 2010/04/20 at 7:22 PM

Bedoya is underrated and although I’d love to see him play the pool for the midfield is too crowded for him to ever show in 2010. I do however think he has a very legit chance at 2014

Buddle is tricky… To me, I flat out don’t buy him at the international stage. His goals somehow just look more like luck than anything else to me, but since he is on socring form, it wouldn’t hurt to at least call him up to camp. I think we will be largely disappointed and will end with not enough room for him on the squad anyway, but at 28 this is his last shot. Buddle seems kind of like a findley or cunningham at times in the sense that he doesn’t have the mentality that we are looking for. People want someone fast, but if you run behind the defense then freeze up because you don’t know what to do, you don’t do any good.

By the way I saw the Lichaj comment in the sidebar, and I don’t think anyone ever answered the other day (non-houston fans). Am I the only one that thinks that chabala has what it takes/ deserves a call up for left back. His decision making is what impresses me the most right now (and passing)

• Posted by Kevin on 2010/04/20 at 7:24 PM

please ignore the previous name, I wasn’t thinking that is me…

and feel free to spam, Its specifically for spam.

6. Posted by scweeb on 2010/04/21 at 1:50 PM

Well i like the idea of seeing if Lichaj at LB. . . That might be a place were we could also use a look at some players