Charlie Davies: Practicing Now In Pads

Charlie Davies, resumes full training with FC Sochaux.

#9 is going to be on time!

Get’em Charlie!

TSG wishes you the best Charlie.

Now we got to harangue Stu.

More: A solid New York Times article on Davies….sorry folks tried hard to get this interview.

1. Posted by Luke on 2010/04/26 at 1:24 PM

Just phenomenally good news. Happy birthday to me.

I was just thinking though, is Charlie gonna be giving Stu a hard time for beating him back to full training? Granted, the time tables were sliiiiiightly different.

Now to start finding streaming match feeds for Sochaux for the rest of the year…..

• Posted by mhikaric on 2010/04/27 at 1:20 AM

myp2p.eu …

my prediction? CD9 makes it back to sochaux and tallies 456 goals in the next four games. he then goes to the world cup and proceeds to feast on the three lions, after which he is crowned world emperor and defeats Alpha Centauri’s soccer team and space fleet with his mind, making humanity the greatest galactic empire ever

2. Great news… Lifted my negative mood of earlier today!

3. Posted by kMac on 2010/04/26 at 2:03 PM

I always believe in Chuck D…GO MAN, GO!

4. Everytime I see a Twitter post from CD I get pumped. I cannot WAIT to see him back on the pitch.

5. Posted by 723FootballFilms on 2010/04/26 at 2:39 PM

Great news. If he can get back and make the 23 the morale will be at an all-time high. The guy is just no human. I wish I had his confidence and self-belief, I’m sure we all do.

6. Posted by BW on 2010/04/26 at 2:48 PM

awesome, I was thinking this might be his news. so WTF with all the recent articles about charlie’s recovery setback… just because the guy said he wouldn’t play in the regular season.

like this one: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/story/042610-davies-injury-creates-certainty-for-usa

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/04/26 at 2:53 PM

BW – See I think this was all staged.

The New York Times published the article right at the same time as the tweet and further what better way to drive drama than to make a very ambiguous comment about CD9′s health.

Also, Greg from No Short Corners did a great job in tracking down exactly what was said:

• Posted by BW on 2010/04/26 at 10:47 PM

Staged? Yeah..I didn’t think about that. I mean, to think that Charlie asked the NYT to delay the publication until he made it back to training, or even to delay until he tweeted is one thing. But to think that the team president would make a discouraging statement to create a more dramatic roller coaster of emotions is kind of off-putting. I don’t even want to think about it being staged at that level. It would definitely take some of it away for me! What’s happening is remarkable, and Charlie making it back on the pitch is incredible enough. No need to manufacture anything!

7. Posted by mhikaric on 2010/04/27 at 1:25 AM

by the way, did you guys see the photo in the NYT article? I looked at the stadium seating in the background and, dare I say it, it looked not too much unlike your standard MLS stadium

a little digging (and by digging, i mean wikipedia), i came across this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stade_Auguste_Bonal

capacity is a hair above 20k, just a wee bit bigger than Union’s new PPL park and quite a bit smaller than Red Bull arena.

what does this tell me? um if that stadium size is enough for the soccer-mad frogs, I think MLS is doing pretty damn well with our growing-fleet of SSSs! just thought i’d throw that out there for the eurosnobs (go play in traffic!)