All About Results: USMNT World Cup History

(We’ll be back with the EPL Jumble shortly.)

Our good friend Jay Bell is back with more dazzling video. This is Part III of “Requiem for a Cycle” and it looks back at, oh, Clint Mathis launching bombs and a number of other good results for the States in World Cup history.

1. How is the Benny Feilhaber goal not in this video?

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/05/04 at 12:53 PM

Oh c’mon that is a great video! :>

• Posted by Brad on 2010/05/04 at 1:05 PM

I wondered the same. Besides that, great video though. I loved the footage of 1950.

• Posted by Jay on 2010/05/04 at 1:40 PM

Its a 7 (possibly 8) part series. I’m trying not to show anything twice. That way if anyone watches the final project in contiguous form (as intended), it won’t be repetitive.

• my bad didn’t know that. I thought it was a great video though

• Posted by Jay on 2010/05/04 at 4:35 PM

Its cool dude. Thanks.

This was part 3, so if you want to keep track of what has been shown so far, check out the first 2 parts. Plus, TSG should be putting up the rest of the series so be on the lookout. We’ll have 4 or 5 parts in just the next month.

• Posted by matthewsf on 2010/05/04 at 4:38 PM

Yup — meant to do it in our “Wednesday Night at the TSG movies.”

I’ll do it for tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

• Nice I just watched the first 2 parts. All three parts were excellent, but my favorite (so far) was part 2.

• Posted by Jay on 2010/05/04 at 8:18 PM

Thanks Evan.

A lot of times, those are people’s least favorite videos because they’re not fans of the music. For me, that’s why I try to use music from all different genres, because everybody likes something different.

2. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/05/04 at 1:25 PM

Great video. Awesome commentary. I wonder when Donovan made that comment.

3. Posted by Jay on 2010/05/04 at 1:40 PM

Its a 7 (possibly 8 ) part series. I’m trying not to show anything twice. That way if anyone watches the final project in contiguous form (as intended), it won’t be repetitive.

4. Posted by bajafresh on 2010/05/04 at 7:09 PM

this reminded me of the nickname series you guys had, which led me to this article:

via this article: http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-team-histories/usa-world-cup-history-part-i-1930-1950.html

we used to be called the shot-putters? i dunno, i kinda like it.

5. Posted by Chris on 2010/05/05 at 11:37 AM