Who doesn’t love picking all-stars. This week is on American soccer overload. Love it.
The MLS All-Star ballot is in full effect.
Tell us who you are voting for. I will honestly use your commentary below to help make my selections.
Some bits from me:
• I’m kind of upset I can’t vote for Ross LaBeaux; my preseason MLS rookie to watch out for….well, there’s not much to watch yet.
• Does/should the entire Los Angeles Galaxy backline make it?
• I don’t know the rules so I know you’ll scold me on this one. You think Bill Hamid was left off because he would be a very popular pick? Would he be? I’d pick him just for fun. Hmm…Manchester United only re-upped with Edwin Van Der Saar for one more year and they just shipped out Ben Foster today. History of grabbing the MLS best keeper. I smell….conspiracy!
• ….yet they have Chris Seitz on the roster. He’s like the MLS version of the USMNT’s Jonathan Bornstein right now. Stick with it lad!
• Why is Sean Franklin listed as a midfielder when he’s the best wing fullback out there? Any ideas anyone?
• Should Seattle be allowed representatives at forward?
• In all seriousness, any chance Shalrie Joseph makes it….if so, will he honor the nod?
• How do I vote for Kyle Beckerman to be the captain of the team?
Okay, and what about this idea?
Make this a two-night affair! First night is the customary MLS All-Star game. Second night you mix up the squads with, let’s say Wayne Rooney and Landon Donovan picking players one-by-one in front of the crowd.
Who wouldn’t love that!