Jozy Altidore: Candidly From England

1. Posted by Kevin U on 2010/05/20 at 6:45 AM

Great stuff, I love the behind the scenes and all the videos that USMNT comes out with

2. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/05/20 at 6:46 AM

LHD in England?! Come on, it’s not that hard to switch!

3. Posted by itally on 2010/05/20 at 7:44 AM

That elevator muzak is hysterical!

4. Posted by Applesauce on 2010/05/20 at 8:12 AM

“LHD in England?! Come on, it’s not that hard to switch!”

I was going to say the same thing – didn’t even know it was legal. You’d think it’d be more confusing with those long right turns.

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/05/20 at 9:35 AM

It’s not illegal – just think, we’re not that far from France / and the Channel Tunnel – I have popped over to the continent many times… just have to get it registered and insured correctly.

I love it that he lives in Leeds rather than Hull. Hilarious. My sister lives in Leeds, and it’s a proper toilet, so I’d hate to think what Hull is like!! (No London bias here whatsoever – honest!!).

I hope he stays in the EPL. He’s a young lad away from home, and because the cultural difference is smaller than Europe, it will be easier for him off the pitch. People slate Donovan’s Germany stint, but it’s not easy for a kid to move to a non-English speaking country and be expected to just get on with it. Not sure how you would quantify it, but I bet Donovan’s success at Everton had a lot to do with non-footballing issues.

5. Posted by Bob on 2010/05/20 at 10:48 AM

Love the Uncle Sam poster: “Your Club Needs You.” Classic!

It is real interesting how English fans chant USA for THEIR American players and use American icons to advertise for the club.

Also, that is a NICE pad he has for himself. Big difference than the kind of apartment many mls players share that is depicted in Wahl’s book.