Roo-Ins….Pretty Cool

Ronal….DOH!

1. Posted by kaya on 2010/05/20 at 5:11 PM

Wait, how’d this get before Thursday Camp Talk? I swear this wasn’t here before.
    Anyhoo, I love it and was wondering why y’all hadn’t linked it yet. <3 the Rooney part. I hear the Ronaldo statue crumbles if anyone gets near it.

2. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/05/20 at 8:58 PM

Check out the unbranded Ivory Coast (PUMA) and France (adidas), whereas, Rooney in England (umbro owned by Nike) is shown. Interesting.

3. That was a sweet video. I just have to say, Ribery is entirely too ugly to put in commercials. Also, it may not have been a great idea to put Ronaldinho in the commercial… he’ll be watching the games from home like the rest of us.

4. That was really brilliant. For all the (mostly valid) criticism of Nike on many levels their marketing and filmmaking is just class.

5. Posted by Mike in NYC on 2010/05/21 at 8:19 AM

I love this video. I am so fired up for this thing to kick off in 3 weeks. My fav clip had to be Cannavaro… Il Capitano!!!

Forza Azzurri! Dihno has got to be pissed.

6. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2010/05/21 at 8:36 AM

FYI, Paolo Bandini has an interesting article about Nike’s WC adverts in today’s Guardian.

7. Posted by Bob on 2010/05/21 at 9:22 AM

Who r the 3 players who throw their papers down after Roo is knighted?