Herculez Gomez Stays South Of The Border

The USMNT World Cup hopeful and leading goal scorer from the Primera is staying right there….and about to play with fellow USMNTer Jose Torres at Pachuca.

Good work. Thanks for sending to us Joe.

Going with the league that got him there...

1. So the successor to Fulhamerica is Pachucamerica?

2. Posted by dude on 2010/05/21 at 9:22 PM

That sounds great! I think Pachuca will do very well by this acquisition, and I think Gomez needs a new challenge in order to have another successful season.

3. Posted by Soccernst on 2010/05/21 at 11:25 PM

I like this. Last thing he needs is to take his wares to a new league after one good 1/2 year. Momentum. Build out of this summer, WC or not, and fight to start at Pachuca. Be consistent, continue to terrorize apertura and clausera, then maybe think of a move away from mexico. Maybe. I’m sure it’ll be nice to be on the receiving end of some better service. I might even un-mute Andreas Cantor… Gringo a Gringo… Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…. love it!

4. Too bad Torres is going to Real Madrid after the cup. They won’t play together.

5. Posted by Bob on 2010/05/22 at 3:52 AM

I wonder when Gomez got the news. When asked about where he will play next year in a recent interview, he said that he has an agent to worry about that as his only focus right now is making the USMNT. It seems like many of our players have that same focus right now and it is great to hear. Also, I think this move will make him the 2nd American to play in the FIFA Club World Cup come December.

6. Posted by Jef_Costello on 2010/05/22 at 8:06 AM

The title led me to think he had left camp, so the story was a nice surprise. I think it’s a smart decision and hopefully he will carry over a bit of form.