• Sunday: We mentioned on Saturday that Joz Altidore had another potential location in Turkey and Beşiktaş. MLS Soccer picked it up and ran with it today so hopefully they have another source on it as well.
Some chatter today that Jozy Altidore may be Ajax bound. This rumor surfaced last week when winger-forward Dennis Rommendahl moved to Olympiacos. Conjecture is all it is. With Ajax boss Martin Jol a frontrunner for the Fulham gig–and with Luis Suarez still in their pocket–it would be shocking to me if Ajax made a move for Altidore: 1) before knowing the fate of their coach or who was next in succession or 2) before moving Luis Suarez. Hard for Ajax to play the “he’s untouchable” card if they go out and acquire another physical striker before a move.
Just saying…(Need more help on the cheese maze of transfer news, go back to our “first-to-press” decipher schematic for U.S. tranfers.)
• Martin Jol looks Cottage-bound as multiple publications report he has agreed to terms with Fulham. Like we said, we don’t believe Bob Bradley was ever in serious consideration.
• Benny Feilhaber was held out of today’s match for AGF Aarhus as the team tries desperately to sell him. We’ve tried numerous times to get in contact with Feilhaber’s agent. They are, let’s say nicely, unresponsive.
• Ashley Cole will remain at Chelsea according to pitch boss Carlo Ancelotti. Jose Mourinho won’t get his Maicon-lite.
• Gallas likely gone, but Schwarzer not in yet for Arsenal.
• Michael Bradley’s club teammate and striker for U.S. World Cup opponent Algeria, Karim Matmour is rumored headed to….Charlie Davies’ Sochaux. Again, Matmour is a striker.
• ESPN Deportes is already reporting that Nery Castillo has signed with the Chicago Fire in advance of tonight’s player announcement by the Chitown side. Given Deportes completely incorrect USMNT roster announcement, let’s all just wait a few hours.
• Tummi Gummi (Blanco) is officially set to debut with a new club. That is Irapuato.
• The latest Jozy Altidore rumors have him headed to…..Turkey to join up with former Villarreal player Nihat Kahveci as Beşiktaş.
(If you weren’t hanging around TSG in July of last year….”Wait…hey…we turned 1-year-old on July 12th”…anywho…TSG launched a campaign on Soccer House in Chicago to get Feilhaber more playing time.)