I have a funny feeling that we’ll be adding to this post over the next few days.
• Rumors have Jay DeMerit headed for League One side Swindon Town. I’ve put out a note to his agent, who I have not spoken with before…so don’t hold your breath on either (the news or confirm/denial), just yet.
• A report out of Spain suggests that Jozy Altidore will stay the year at Villarreal instead of being transferred. Either way for Villarreal–or anyone else–it makes sense to say that. What are you going to say? “Yes, we’re avidly looking to sell on our players?”
• Web rumors that Mr. Goggles, Edgar Davids may sign for Crystal Palace. He last played in 2008. Would have been a good ambassador for MLS.
• First sock drops, with Craig Bellamy apparently spurning Fulham and Everton to play in his homeland and Cardiff City. Smart move by Manchester City if they can pull him back during the year either because of an injury, or Adam Johnson having a sophomore slump–so to speak, or Shaun Wright-Phillips finally gathering up his AARP card.
• The first shoe drops this morning with James Milner getting ready to be poked and prodded by Manchester City doctors. Underrated, but oft-injured Stephen Ireland and $16M in cash go the other way. I like that move for Villa.
• The second shoe drops…
After internet reports marked Mesut Ozil for Catalan country just last week, Real Madrid swoop in and make the play for the German wunderkind. Jose Mourinho might have popularized the 4-2-3-1 (or 4-5-1), but will he go Christmas Tree now with Ronaldo on one side and Ozil on the other?
• Kevin Prince-Boateng, who made our World Cup All-Jersey Team, is earmarked for Genoa with a transfer likely to AC Milan forthcoming according to reports.
Good stuff to get the morning started…and TSG has a bunch coming up for you the next few days.
Oh, and a quick update: Michael Bradley didn’t go to Blackpool, Deuce is still at the Cottage, and surprise, surprise, Bob Bradley is not coaching there. But you knew that already if you laminated our Transfer Rumor Equation.