Our comprehensive La Liga preview by Donald Wine took over for our weekend preview.
Here are some games to check out today:
• TSG will be getting up with Rooster Fred for the Blackburn vs. Arsenal game. Sam Allardyce always has his teams playing well at home and we get to take another look at “the EPL’s Michael Bradley” in Steven N’Zonzi.
• Will Chelsea ripple the nets against Stoke City with the frequency they did in weeks one and two against West Brom and Wigan respectively? Nope, but they’ll get the win at home 2-1.
• Marcus Hahnemann faces England wonder boy Adam Carroll. Can he slow down the fast-starting striker?
• It should be nutty in Blackpool as the Tangerines have their home opener. Will they keep with their open flowing style–that’s a “yes” not a question–but will Fulham’s trapping defense slow the ‘Pool attack?
• Roma welcome Cesena–and Ghanaian Yankee killer Steven Appiah–back to Italian’s top league for the first time in 20 years.
• Welcome back Freddie? Or will it be boo-bird city in Seattle? The Chicago Fire head to Qwest where Ljundberg may be in for a rude awakening.
• San Jose has got it’s mojo working and adds DP Geovanni to the mix. Can they come into Red Bull Arena and leave with at least a point?
• Heath Pearce’s mustache is in Columbus taking on Eddie Gaven’s perma-stubble and the Crew.