Thanks to a tweet from PhillySoccer3, I put up this quick catch-all post.
Getting down to the wire for some US players to find a home before the transfer window closes overseas.
Here’s what we’re looking at today, to the best of TSG’s ability.
• DaMarcus Beasley to Hannover
DaMarcus Beasley’s services have been secured by Hannover. A good situation for the Beas who will have Steve Cherundolo to help him get acclimated.
If Beasley can maintain his health, it should be a good situation for him.
And, if his BMW gets firebombed again, he can just go down the street and get a new one.
• Jozy Altidore to Levante UD – Confidence: 25%
Latest rumors have Jozy staying in La Liga with recently-promoted and likely bottom dwellers Levante UD.
Good move for Jozy? Not sure about that. While Villarreal would be able to monitor his progress, it would be Altidore going to a similarly overmatched side like Hull City was last year in EPL.
Don’t like the move for him…if true.
• Jay DeMerit – Signing confidence next seven days: 66%
Last we heard, DeMerit is still in England. Expect the US centerback to latch on somewhere on or around Wednesday. Given that DeMerit is without a contract, he can sign later than the transfer window closure, but expect it sooner rather than later.
• Benny Feilhaber – Transfer confidence next seven days: 35%
From game reports, it seems as those Feilhaber it tearing up division two Danish football. That said, AGF and Benny probably wish it was division one somewhere else.
AGF recently loaned out Dioh Williams and sold Jakob Poulsen making a Feilhaber sale a little less of a necessity for the recently demoted side.
• Hopefully Jonathan Spector can maybe find himself a new home too. For two years now he’s been moved about in the West Ham line-up between RB and LB. In reality, TSG thinks Spector is best as a centerback.
That said, West Ham don’t like his play–though there may be a foreign bias–and West Ham, even with Avram Grant in charge, look like a mess, especially in the back. Here’s to Spector either getting a permanent role or finding one elsewhere.
• According to Steve Goff via Twitter, Fulham are considering a loan of Eddie Johnson to the Queens Park Rangers. Anorak here, QPR is the former team of Sully Hamid, Bill Hamid’s father. (Nearly done on that interview, fact checking and a few other things.)
• How is it that an 18-year-old American starting for a Championship side does not get more press. That is just flat-out amazing. Conor Doyle for Derby. TSG has reached out for an interview.