Don’t Tread, Gold Cup Style: Entry #1

Cranking back up the 2011 hype machine here at TSG. Stoking the engine with golazo burgers courtesy of the USMNT.

The Don’t Tread Challenge is TSG’s search for for the most insanely awesome video that gets fans fired up about USMNT heading this year into the Gold Cup 2011.

Voting will take place in May.

————————————————–

Entry #1: A Team Of Great Moments

by Jay Bell

About the creator: Entry #1 comes from TSG writer and now AP-published reporter Jay Bell. Jay’s an expert on MLS, but as you can see also on carving up some great USMNT moments and reconfiguring them.

It’s  got TSG’s favorite goal celebration, Michael Bradley demanding to celebrate with all his teammates at the corner flag during the Slovenia game. Check it out.

1. Posted by icculus on 2011/02/04 at 3:22 PM

I love these videos, but… all I’m getting is a blank white space. Firefox, IE and Android. Uploading error? Did it already get pulled?

2. The video is still up. It must have just been an embed issue. We’ll fix it.

3. Posted by Mikey on 2011/02/04 at 9:58 PM

I guess there are still some issues cuz I get nothing on my droid phone

4. I like this video, I’m in it.

5. Posted by MikeUC on 2011/02/05 at 12:48 PM

I would love to make another video for this one, but a winner for the last one was never decided!

6. Posted by nelson on 2011/02/05 at 5:38 PM

Where are the Gold Cup games being held? I’m considering heading to Pasadena for the final…

7. Posted by Danimal on 2011/02/06 at 12:18 AM

Anybody have any word on when they’re going to hold the draw? I’m really looking forward to seeing who’s in our group.

8. Posted by Colin on 2011/02/07 at 6:12 AM

Awesome, loved this contest last summer, looking forward to all the videos…I may have to make another one.

So far its off to a good start. I remember where I was for each of those moments.

1. Benny’s GOLAZO: at my desk at work, watching the game streaming from the concacaf website

2. Jozy’s opener against Spain: left work early, at the bar down the street from my house…drinking some budweiser American Ale.

3. Bornstein’s equaliser against Costa Rica: same bar as above…only person in bar watching match…confusion when I went nuts.

4. Bradley’s equaliser against Slovenia: Ellis Park Lower Level East, Johannesburg

5. Donovan’s winner against Algeria: Loftus Versfeld stadium, lower level east, Pretoria