Let’s roll this out Mike Lupica style.
• Kind of what would be nice? funny? cheeky? if Dax McCarty trotted out for DC United’s next home game in a Ben Olsen jersey, no?
On Dax, props to Real Salt Lake insisting that we make sure people know it was Dax who authorized the Chuck Davies road to redemption free kick.
How in the world Dallas let this guy go without compensation is…mind boggling?
• ROLFing or whatever it’s called. Brek Shea commandeering Heath Pearce’s place as funniest Hoopster.
Yesterday’s Shea went Villa, Bob, not David. Too funny.
• Joe Cannon revists the Bay Area today with the Vancouver Whitecaps…reserves, according to Robert Jonas. That’s all wrong or it’s like a Bizarro Major League flick with Cannon standing in for Corben Bensen.
• This tweet from MLS Insider this morning: “Portland Timbers today announced that they will host Dutch club AFC Ajax in an international friendly 5.25.11 at JELD-WEN Field at 7 p.m.”
Holy smokes! Literally. That’s a lot of puff-puff-give in one location. Probably won’t matter who wins, you know? Or maybe everyone wins.
Or just eats a lot.
• More tribute videos? Charlie Davies or Double Rainbow guy. Anyone want to send us a mash-up?
• Speaking of DC United, the Toffees come to town for a pre-season friendly with Chuck Breezy and friends.
That date? July 23 at RFK Stadium.
Meanwhile, transfer rumors about that the ‘Fro may be relocating. So Real Madrid despite not being able to stay healthy.
(That said, might you see more athletes moving out of the EPL to less physical leagues. Good question. Ronaldo knows the answer here.)
• The evolution of the keeper position at Arsenal. Had no idea. Or sort of did. But.
(Check out more spoof photos on Jens Lehman and Arsenal here.)