The Weekend: What Are You Watching?

Will Spector and West Ham be celebrating another deposit versus an American keeper (Brad Friedel) this weekend?

TSG is getting a head start on the weekend with a wedding down in Nawlins. (Thanks to those for the recommendations.)

So our new weekly series:

You’ve got three hours and change to kill. Which two games are you watching Saturday and Sunday. And my-oh-my is there quite a docket this weekend.

For what it’s worth (and TSG will be missing quite a bit of the footie this weekend). Our two picks…oh man…I would go with West Ham vs. Villa (because of the Americans involved and the periphery of the relegation battle) and probably United vs. City in the FA Cup.

Pick two.

1. Posted by eddie on 2011/04/15 at 5:03 AM

Things you must do:

1) Eat at Drago’s. Charbroiled oysters are just one of the many great things to eat.

2) Get a Snoball.

if you need more help, let me know.

2. Posted by EFG on 2011/04/15 at 5:46 AM

Real v Barca; Arsenal v Liverpool. Not the Manchester Derby because it’s on at the same time as Roma v Palermo.

3. Posted by John on 2011/04/15 at 7:18 AM

Liverpool v Arsenal
    Portland v Dallas

from the cozy confines of Las Vegas!

4. Real vs. Barca – This match will very likely determine the league and add loads of spice to the upcoming Champs League Semi between the two.

• Posted by Joe on 2011/04/15 at 11:07 AM

Even if Madrid win they’re still 5 points of the lead, so more a tone-setter for the final and semis to come.

• If they win, and take the Copa Del Rey Final, they could mount a surge while Barca licks their wounds. They did slip up against Hercules this year, and could slip again while licking their wounds if Real take it to them.

• Wow – that comment reads like an episode of Fox Soccer report. Show/discuss something in the first half of the show, then do it again in the second half to fill up the minutes…

5. Posted by Joe on 2011/04/15 at 10:52 AM

The Real v Barca game it should be good but it is hard to get super excited about a game that will be replayed three more times in three weeks. As a Sounders fan on the east coast I am going to Philly this weekend so I probably wont see any other games this weekend with all the traveling.

6. Posted by dth on 2011/04/15 at 10:57 AM

Were I in New Orleans, I’d subsist entirely on beignets and po’ boys.

Oh, yeah, the soccer. Uh, put me down for Bayer(n), clasico, Arsenal/Liverpool, FA Cup Semis. Among MLS stuff, I guess NYRB-’Quakes and Dallas-Portland.

7. I’ll have to watch everything on tape delay due to the inaugural SOB Cup in Minneapolis this Saturday.

8. Posted by dth on 2011/04/15 at 2:56 PM

Benny Feilhaber back to MLS: http://twitter.com/lyorks/statuses/59008608310001664#

A bit disappointing, actually. Think he could’ve helped a Eredivisie level team.

• Posted by Steve Trittschuh on 2011/04/15 at 5:45 PM

I agree. It’ll be interesting to see where he ends up and if he is actually successful in the MLS.

9. Posted by Alex on 2011/04/15 at 11:22 PM

I´ll be at el clásico in madrid tonight. I´ll be the only blonde guy in the barça section. miiiiight be sporting my US Founding Fan scarf