Just Happy To Be Here

Matt Mathai (I swear I will get your Argentina and Paraguay match pics up shortly Hansel Adams) passed along this photo today of the traditional starting eleven shot prior to DC United’s match against Toronto FC.

Either write your own caption or just acknowledge that intensity measures ten of these players except one….he’s just happy to be here.

1. Posted by Joe on 2011/04/18 at 9:29 PM

“And that’s the new celebration guys!” …..”You don’t like it?”

2. Posted by dude on 2011/04/18 at 9:36 PM

“Hey guys, whatcha looking at?”

Seriously, I love my team-though McCarty needs to fill the shoes of a distributor a bit better.

3. Posted by dth on 2011/04/18 at 9:50 PM

Liking Ethan White’s defender’s scowl there. That’s a man who does not want you to score on him, or even to enjoy trying.

4. CD9 is just stoked to be there, but I disagree that there’s 10 players out there with pre-grame intensity. Josh Wolff is putting on a serious Keanu Reeves, the Point Break version, face.

• Posted by John on 2011/04/19 at 7:25 AM

Ben Olsen: NO! No no no no no no NO! Let me tell you what you’ve produced… Over the last two weeks, you two have produced exactly squat! SQUAT! During which time Real Salt Lake have won two more games. Now for Christ’s sake, does either one of you have anything even remotely interesting to tell me?

[brief pause]
      Josh Wolf: I caught my first tube today… Sir.

5. Posted by Jake C. on 2011/04/19 at 7:26 AM

Fred: “Guys, I just crapped my pants.”

CD9: “Hold…the smile…”

• Posted by Marmaduke on 2011/04/19 at 7:50 AM

Dax looks like he’s about to join Fred in the crapped pats dept.

Is it just me or does CD9’s head look photo-shopped? Something about how it’s cocked (just a bit) to the side…

• Posted by Jake C. on 2011/04/19 at 8:02 AM

See I view it like Dax is the first to realize the implications of Fred’s words. And he knows what a bad idea it was to be the player closest to him.

Make no mistake, that Chuck smile is strained due to the smell. He’s wearing it like a champ tho.

6. Posted by Wachhz on 2011/04/19 at 9:58 AM

Little do we know, but Najar is on the other side of Dax, conveniently out of frame, but originally in the line up. Right before the camera snaps the photo, CD9 busts in from the left, “hey guys! 12th man!!!”

This is the resulting photo. Starting line ups are oddly inaccurate up top….

7. Posted by Wachhz on 2011/04/19 at 10:00 AM

(And in case any of you are not following Dax on twitter, do it. The guy’s back-and-forth with teammates past and present is hilarious.) @DaxMcCarty10