USMNT Briefs: Bradley, Altidore, Onyewu…

A few quick Tuesday notes here on the USMNT.

These two...again...

The Daily Bob: Seems that the fallout from the Gold Cup is still unclear.

Reached via email by the NY Times, USSF president Sunil Gulati issued the following perhaps-foreboding statement on beleaguered US manager Bob Bradley:

“We’ll have something to say later this week.”

Given that Bradley took his squad to the Gold Cup–more than a developmental one–and failed to secure a critical Timmy Chandler…and the United States just lost a vital World Cup prep tournament (and the approximate $10-$15M in revenue that comes with it). Well….

Double Dutch: A report by Greg Selzer at MLS Soccer follows up a Jozy tweet yesterday about Altidore heading to the Eredivisie and playing for AZ Alkmaar.

Per Selzer and a quote by former USMNTer Ernie Stewart–the club’s director–AZ Alkmaar is in talks with Altidore, but the club will need to shuttle out one of the four strikers currently on their roster.

• It’s not Siberia: While Altidore may be headed to Windmillville, Oguchi Onyewu was left without a chair at season’s close and has found his way to the Iberian peninsula to play with Sporting Lisbon, so says the US centerback via twitter.

Can he reclaim his lofty heights?

1. is that it with the confederation cup.. that’s the only berth route?

• Yup – only way we could qualify for the Confederations Cup is by winning the Gold Cup (or if we were the host nation).

• Posted by Texas 1836 on 2011/06/28 at 4:47 PM

4. South American Champ
        5. North American Champ
        6. African Champ
        7. Asian Champ
        8. ??

• Posted by dth on 2011/06/28 at 4:52 PM

Oceania is numero eight. Otherwise known as “The New Zealand Slot.”

So of the filled spots it’s: Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, (Presumably New Zealand). I suppose Argentina has the inside track for South America, particularly since it’s in Argentina, but Uruguay and Chile look dangerous.

• Posted by Texas 1836 on 2011/06/28 at 10:49 PM

I figured the 8th slot was Oceania, but was hoping against rationality that it wasn’t.

Is it too late for us to apply for membership?

Or perhaps we could found the Antarctic Confederation of Head Or Orthotic Sporting, aka ACHOOS.

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2011/06/29 at 6:13 AM

Clue is in the name! You have to win your Confederation to qualify (other than being WC or host).

2. Posted by EFG on 2011/06/28 at 4:07 PM

It appears USSF reached out to the Times to say that his Gulati’s comment was not to imply anything into Bradley’s job security, but has the damage already been done. I think if a move is to be made now is the time to make it (or last summer, but who’s keeping track).

• Posted by dth on 2011/06/28 at 4:31 PM

Which raises the question, How were we supposed to interpret it, hmm?

• Posted by matthewsf on 2011/06/28 at 4:49 PM

Agree with a move is made it’s now.

And I think Bradley is likely on the hot seat here. More of his moves can be challenged rather than supported. The US looked it’s best frankly in the 1-0 win over Panama–that says something right there.

Follow-up GC piece coming, but I think you would expect Bradley to “learn” more than he did. Okay, till the next piece.

• Posted by Martin on 2011/06/28 at 6:58 PM

I don’t think Gulati can fire Bradley by himself.

There is a voting process and 14 other USSF voters are out there. BB may get canned but I’d be surprised if they didn’t take their time to let him twist in the wind a little; just to put the knife in a little deeper. The USSF strike me as a pretty sadistic bunch.

• Posted by Christopher on 2011/06/28 at 7:59 PM

Not sure I agree. I don’t really see a drastic improvement made with removal of Bradley. We still have the same pool of players to choose from…which honestly is not great…our best is Howard in goal followed distantly by Dempsey. Our best back line players most likely will be out or simply too old, and we don’t have decent strikers. Personally I think we are about where we can be with what he have. Of course I want better but I think only an overhaul of US soccer could drive this. Maybe and probably I am wrong though.

Didn’t see one name drop that would realistically come and work for Gulati and improve this team. Maybe Gulati should consider firing himself. We know he could do that. I dunno.

• Posted by Christopher on 2011/06/28 at 8:03 PM

Now that I fully read the article I don’t see any of those names coming in. As long as Gulati is in I don’t see Klinsmann now Bielsa coming in.

• Posted by dth on 2011/06/28 at 8:48 PM

Uh, why wouldn’t Gulati hire Klinsmann or Bielsa? He clearly likes both of them.

• Posted by Christopher on 2011/06/29 at 2:09 AM

dth,
              If you look back I didn’t say anything about Gulati’s desire or likes. Liking and realistically hiring are two different things.

I think it is the other way around. Talks with Klinsmann have broken down…… twice. Clearly he isn’t getting something he wants.

Bielsa? right after a big stink with the Chilean Football board… With Gulati’s control here? Maybe.

I think the program will have to be overhauled before it’s desirable to a Klinsmann or any big international name. I’m not seeing why a coach (like some names in the linked article) who could get employment at a club, who would easily make much more than here at the US, would want to come here. Not saying I don’t want any of them, just saying I either don’t see it fitting in the current system or drastically improving what Bradley has done.

• Posted by Martin on 2011/06/29 at 3:03 PM

It’s not entirely up to him.

• Posted by kaya on 2011/06/29 at 9:15 PM

US only looked solid for the first half of the Panama game.

3. I agree that the statement from Gulati sounds foreboding, even mildly threatening. Will be interesting to see what they have to say…

4. Posted by Texas 1836 on 2011/06/28 at 4:36 PM

Not that it would impact our ability to go, but…

What will happen if Spain and/or Brazil win the Euro or CONMEBOL tournaments?

Who would their automatic spots as World Cup champ/Host go to?

In the Confederations Cup, I mean.

5. Posted by Charlie G. on 2011/06/28 at 5:42 PM

Interesting comment by Gulati. I’m not one to really believe that US Soccer feels any pressure by the US fan base about the USMNT. Perhaps Gulati and US Soccer are beginning to see things a bit differently. While the US made the Gold Cup finals, the performance of the team overall brings serious doubt when looking ahead to WC qualifying. A group stage loss to Panama and a 1-0 triumph over Guadeloupe, at home, nonetheless, do not do much for optimism. While one may moan about no Stu Holden or Timmy Chandler, this is reality when it comes to WC qualifying – all the best players may not be available. I was one who was OK with BB for another cycle initially, but based on this performance, I think a change would do everyone good. Just playing our hearts out without the smarts and tactical adjustments seems futile – not adjusting with a 2-0 lead over Mexico seemed ill-conceived – what did Bob think would happen…. Mexico was heavily challanging the defense from the start, and to me it seemed a blow out was likely – the US set piece goal and the Donovan goal did nothing to change that inevitability, other than to reduce the margin of victory for Mexico.

• Posted by Martin on 2011/06/28 at 6:54 PM

“the US set piece goal and the Donovan goal did nothing to change that inevitability, other than to reduce the margin of victory for Mexico.”

You believe the Mexico victory was inevitable; so why are you critical of Bradley?

Other than putting ten men behind the ball after Donovan’s goal what tactical adjustments would you have made to stop the inevitable Mexican juggernaut?

• Posted by Charlie G. on 2011/06/29 at 9:21 AM

My meaning was that it seemed inevitable if no adjustments were made – playing a defense with a high line and inviting an open game being two goals up didn’t seem to make sense. While bunkering down may not be the full answer, maintaining shape and not getting stretched may have helped, Mexico may have been more open to counter this way. For one, I didn’t see any adjustment after the two goals, or at the half.

6. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2011/06/29 at 6:25 AM

In other news: has anybody seen the latest rankings? Mexico up 19 spots to 9th; US down 2 to 24th. England are up 2 places to 4th.

• Interesting…two out of three seem a bit off to me.

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2011/06/30 at 10:54 AM

Considering England crashed out of the WC in the last 16, and have not been impressive since, having this rank makes a mockery of the whole thing. Always knew it was suspect but this takes the biscuit. I expect to see Brazil and Argentina to move up after the Copa America.

• I would concur as well. England is 4th based on what, their 2-0 thrashing of Wales?

Also, Mexico looked dangerous, very dangerous in the Gold Cup, but there is nothing in their pedigree that leads me to believe 9th is an appropriate ranking unless everyone else from 9th – 28th was dormant for the last two-three months. Could they give many teams a game? Sure. Are they “dark horse at the World Cup” material (as you’d expect from someone in the top 10)? Not likely. Without having seen too many games outside of the Gold Cup recently it’s tough to say where exactly Mexico should fit in, but just like the US being ranked #5 going into the 2006 WC, this is laughable.

The College Football subjective polls do a better job than FIFA’s supposedly objective, points formula.

7. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2011/06/29 at 6:31 AM

US U17 news: will play Germany in the last 16. Could have been Australia, but you failed to win your group.

• It was frustrating to watch the Uzbek and New Zealand games…and now ESPN U has stopped carrying the tournament (at least when I checked two days ago) to show the College World Series on endless loop.

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2011/07/01 at 6:51 AM

Germany spanked you 4-0. Let’s see if England can give them a better game in the QFs.

8. Posted by dth on 2011/06/29 at 8:07 AM

First time I can recall one of these articles being written:

(No, not the US Soccer in crisis* part, the “lost the locker room” unsourced allegation part. We didn’t get those during the Confederations Cup, right?

* It’s not in crisis. It’s stagnating-to-slightly-up.)

• Posted by Christopher on 2011/06/29 at 1:51 PM

Thanks for the article. Those comments [lost in the locker room] are indeed interesting. If true…would it be due to the ol’ 2nd cycle stagnation?

• Posted by Ufficio on 2011/06/29 at 2:37 PM

The exact quote is “the players are miserable” and there’s absolutely no context as to when it was said or what it refers to. Could it have been right after the loss the Mexico? I would have been miserable as well.

• Posted by BernieBernier on 2011/06/29 at 7:58 PM

I wanted to pick up on another quote from the article and get some feedback on anecdotal evidence I have seen and see what others think….

“No soccer on TV. No pickup games on the neighborhood vacant lot, honing their skills on a bumpy dirt field while dribbling around cinder blocks and tree roots.”

I am lucky enough to live on the Emerald Necklace in Boston. For those that aren’t familiar this is a decent sized yet oddly shape park a couple blocks from Fenway Park. The area is the college/young professional part of the city. Literally across the street from my house is an artificial turf field (the good stuff like they have at college football stadiums not the concrete and carpet shit). The field has a full sized soccer field (used by local high schools and a couple of the smaller neighborhood colleges) two softball fields and four basketball courts.

Now on that field I am more likely to see a pick up soccer game than anything else (excluding pick-up basketball) and often see multiple “pick-up” soccer games going at once (on a Sat or Sunday its not uncommon to see 3 or 4 games going at once and maybe a single game of frisbee or football). Also I am much more likely to see a soccer jersey then any other sports jersey (on a neighborhood person). That said, it isn’t always a US jersey but its a soccer jersey (ManU, Aresenal, Barca, Real, etc).

So the question to the TSG audience is… Is soccer really picking up with say the 30 and under crowd (which I am not part of by the way) or is it just the impact of being in a metropolitan college area? I feel like in my college days pick up football was common but almost never pick up soccer (and I went to a very preppy college).

• Posted by dth on 2011/06/29 at 8:45 PM

He’s referring specifically to “suburban players” and contrasting it with his romantic vision of “ethnic kids,” who do, in his vision, play such games.

It’s a pretty dumb dichotomy, but then again his article’s suggestions can basically be divided into three categories:
        1) Stupid stuff
        2) Stuff that’s already been done/suggested ad nauseam
        3) Stuff that wouldn’t make much of a difference.

• Posted by BernieBernier on 2011/06/30 at 12:47 AM

I really wasn’t trying to justify a generally silly article. The article got me thinking. I see a ton of “pick-up” soccer played in my neighborhood. More than any sport other than basketball. I would also say that at most “normal” times there is some sort of pick-up game going on. Is this just my hood or is it representative of a shift in general? The pick-up soccer seems to be a newer phenom (past 2 or 3 years) for my neighborhood.

9. Posted by Bob on 2011/06/29 at 7:30 PM

I wonder if the Gulati statement is nothing more than a set-up to name Bradley as Olympic coach. It would make sense for him to do so and start to get an idea of the U23 talent pool.

• Posted by dth on 2011/06/29 at 7:42 PM

Hah. That’s a good one, actually. Very good speculation. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what it turned out to be.

Tough to tell what the exact question Jack Bell asked Gulati, but in the blog he frames it this way:

“The question to Gulati on Tuesday was simple and straightforward: Will Bob Bradley remain coach of the U.S. national team?

His answer (in an email response) was, “We’ll have something to say later this week.” U.S. Soccer officials later said that Gulati’s one sentence response was not intended to imply that he was planning to make a coaching change.”

Hard to spin this as “he really meant he was going to appoint him Olympic Coach!” Then again, stranger things have happened.

10. Posted by steve dc-nj on 2011/06/29 at 7:51 PM

1. Don’t fire BB fire gulati! I’m ready for that self serving, spineless weasel to finally be gone. I do have a question, who chooses who leads the ussf? And who chooses them?

11. Posted by Crow on 2011/06/29 at 8:36 PM

Here is a post I made over on USSOCCER

First let me start off with a little background. I’m a 25 year old white male from rural central Pennsylvania. The population of the county I live is over 98% white. There are many redneck/xenophobic people in my area. I try very hard to be an open minded individual and have received alot of criticism over the years sticking up for minorities or against prejudiced people.

With that being said, I have been “scarred” in a sense from my experiences at the Rose Bowl on Saturday in the sense that I am afraid that my views of Mexicans have been tainted. I thought I knew what I was getting into having been to the 2009 qualifier in Columbus and knowing that the atmosphere would be much more hostile due to the setting, but I guess it still surprised me. Alot has already been said in the forums- WOMEN even being violently targeted by Mexican fans; I’m seriously scared to think what would have happened had the USA won. I’ll just tell some stories about what I personally experienced and saw, not heresay.

When I arrived and shortly before (at a gas station north of Pasadena) I mainly just received dirty looks from some Mexican fans when they saw me in my Clint Dempsey jersey. I briefly went over to the AO tailgate before the game, but saw that trouble could possibly be brewing. Some Mexican fans were going by mouthing off, or attempting to walk through and roughly bump into people. While I was there only a few brief skirmishes broke out, but were quickly dispelled. I hung out with a small group of American fans further away after that. I started experiencing some trouble when I went to enter the stadium. First of all, the Rose Bowl should be ashamed of itself- the lines took forever to let in, yet security was basically letting people just waltz in. It would have been very easy to bring a concealed weapon into the stadium. I was standing in a mass for about 1/2 hour waiting to get into the stadium. During that time, a Mexican man IN HIS 50’S or so began blowing one of those stupid air horns directly into my ear. I put up with it for awhile and then just gave the guy a look after a few minutes. He started up again and I tried to move away from him and his posse but they followed me through the mass. This continued on for awhile longer. By now my ear was starting to actually hurt from the noise (actually it still hurts today and I may have to go to the doctor). Nearby, a small Mexican child was CRYING because of the horn. I asked the man in Spanish to stop at least because of the child at but he wouldn’t. While this was going on I saw a white woman in a Mexican jersey who was apparently married to a Mexican man being harrassed. The husband almost got into a fight with the people harrassing her.

I only saw one fight break out during the game from the AO section although I heard there were more. However, I was amazed by the extremely vulgar and hateful racist chants (in Spanish and English) of the very young and older Mexican fans. I saw kids as young as 8 or so participating in them gleefully as well as older Mexican men and women. And this was the large majority of the crowd even though I know that not all Mexican fans were participating. After the game ended, many of the American fans in the supporters section left quickly but I stayed with a few others to wait for the USA to walk off the pitch despite alot of Mexican fans pouring into the section and trying to push us away. On my way out of the stadium, I wasn’t able to drive out the way I was supposed to because I was blocked by a bunch of Mexican fans. I asked them to move politely but they would not. I had to drive through a sand trap (we were parked on a golf course) in my rent-a-car or I may have never gotten out of the parking lot. During this time, I had a Mexican man come over to my window and scream obscenities at me in Spanish and English about myself and the team. I thought he was going to try to damage my rent-a-car. By now I had had enough. I almost replied “Big words for such a little man” in Spanish but thankfully caught myself and just told him “I can’t hear you”. Even though it wasn’t as bad as Azteca where you are allowed to throw vomit, feces, and urine on players, it was bad, and it could have been worse if the USA won. I spent the Sunday before in DC and had a wonderful time with the Salvadorians, Panamanians, and Jamaicans. Somebody needs to step up and take responsibility for the Mexican fans continued repulsive behavior- all it does is create more divisions.

If any Mexican fan reads this who did not act in such a manner or even tried to stop others- thank you.

I’m still very angry about everything that happened. I shouldn’t be in fear of attending a game in my own country as I support my team. I can’t tell you how much self-control it took to not respond to all the provocations I faced. I can’t tell you how frustrated I was to be ridiculed as a fan as I spent all of my spare money and vacation time to travel cross-country to California by myself to support the team. I cheered as loudly as I could through the entire 2nd half and stayed until the US players walked off the field. The only time I heard the Mexican fans make any noise was when they scored a goal or when they were doing their racist/vulgar chants. I can’t tell you how angry I feel about the US players being disrespected and receiving very little support (I hope they knew how much it took for the few American fans who were there to attend), and then to be blasted for post-game comments. I can’t believe how a news outlet like ESPN can glorify Mexican fans in a magazine article saying they are the best soccer fans in America and then trash the American players on their website (Tim Howard’s comments after the game after he was abused with vulgar/racial comments the whole game on home soil). Can we get one article talking about what US fans have to put up with to support the team? Can we get one article describing the despicable behavior of a LARGE MAJORITY of Mexican fans? Can someone at USSF please stand up and support this team and fans in some way? I’m still shaking with anger when I think about some of these things.

• Posted by kaya on 2011/06/29 at 9:22 PM

I’m wondering why more hasn’t been mentioned about this. I forget what post I responded to someone’s being uncomfortable with Tim Howard’s comments now, but being politically correct doesn’t make anyone open-minded…
      I’m really glad I didn’t go to the game… it seems like maybe the Mexican FA needs to start some kind of “Respect the game” campaign for the fans. This behavior shouldn’t be any more tolerated than monkey chants.

• Posted by KMac on 2011/06/30 at 11:51 AM

Crow, I was in section 18-H in Pasadena last Saturday. I was horrified to hear several blogs and posts like yours that described behavior that would not be accepted in the US in ANY other sport, by any other group of fans.

I was by myself in LA from the east coast ( and an AO member) so I packed my AO bandana and AO shirt and wore a black nike dri-fit shirt in case I needed to “blend” into the crowd as best I could if needed as an American “minortity” – a USA supporter. I have been to many US games all over the US and world cup in Germany ’06, and I have never felt remotely threatened. I did not have the same experience and met a lot of cool Mexico fans (out of 93K a lot of them had to be cool, or we all would have been dead). What I am trying to point out is there were some extremely bad apples obviously who ruined it for you folks – and that is inexcusable.

I wandered around for about an hour before the game in the fanzone looking for the outlaws and Lot H but was afraid to not get in the stadium in time for kick off due to the MASSIVE lines to get in the stadium. It took me about 45 minutes in line to get in the game. Security was taking flag sticks (and that’s about it). During the game, I was one of maybe 4-6 US fans peppered in the section above the main camera shooting the game, below the press boxes mid way up. I had actually a good time talking to the mexican fans both to my left and right. They were both respectful and friendly. Sure I got hit with some beer (I hope) when thing went south from 2-0 on all 4 goals from the Tri’s.

The closing ceremony started bilingual, but evolved to mostly Spanish in short order. As an aside what struck me was the US Camp – there were clearly two or so main groups of players “waiting it out” to get of there after their silver medals. BB(Sweats) and Dempsey and others were one cluster outside of the the covered team bench/technical area. The second group was Timmy Howard, Boca, and Dolo under the covered bench. Donovan was often off on his own. This is just my observation, but I saw a team dejected by loss, but also divided. There was very little interaction between the groups and also with Donovan and the team, and with Coach Sweats. It struck me as pretty odd for a group that stuck together in so many other occassions. Maybe it is nothing, but I get the feeling something may be up in team chemistry, as evidenced in the play over the last few games, the benching of Donovan, etc. Time will tell here.

Getting out was a nightmare, I waited to take the buses from the Stadium to Parsons Building in old Pasadena, as recommended by some friends and local tv stations internet stories on the game. That took almost 1.5 hours to get out.

I have read the CONCACAF Gold cup was responsible adminstratively no USSF, so I think given the recent headlines there about the top, it did not surprise me that the excecution was so very poor at the final. I am sure the minimum security to prevent litigation and cover event insurance was used to maximize profit for CONCACAF.

As a loyal US Fan, I will think twice before dropping $90 on a ticket, $20 on parking, $100+ on a hotel, and $Xxx on airfair to unless security can be improved.

To sum up, I was sickened by the “Puta” goal kick chants (even audible on the tv game I DVR’d to watch upon my return from business on the west coast yesterday), the poor experiences of other US fans and especially yours, and the overall sorry execution at the match from a stadium safety, logistics, and fan enjoyment perspective.

• Posted by Crow on 2011/06/30 at 5:30 PM

It’s good to hear that not everyone had bad experiences. I personally e-mailed USSF and Sunil Gulati and both have already responded. In fact, the manager of the Rose Bowl has responded that he would like to talk to me in person about my experiences.

I’ve traveled to Mexico twice and met wonderful people. The game in Columbus did not really present any problems as well. That was my first visit to Southern California and the dynamic certainly seemed different. There were a group of teenage girls wearing Mexico jerseys participating in vulgar chants in English, and I told them it was not necessary in Spanish. They didn’t know Spanish- and they’ve never been to Mexico. It’s almost like a subculture has been created and they are giving real Mexicans a bad name.

With that being said, the fans conduct at Azteca is abhorrent as well from what I have heard.

12. Posted by Crow on 2011/06/29 at 8:52 PM

I think it is time for Bradley to go- and here is why. When the players walked off the field at the end of the 1st half, they looked totally defeated like they lost the game. Granted they blew the 2-0 lead but they were still tied! They had a great chance to win the game with Mexico being even more fatigued then they were. But they did not fight at all in the 2nd half. Bradley obviously did not motivate the team. The one positive thing about Bradley’s teams in the past was that they always fought- but this one did not.

Also, it was obvious that Bradley made several questionable lineup decisions- Bedoya was an emergency replacement but turned out to be a solid contributor. Adu was not given more playing time throughout the tournament. Guys like Rogers and Wondolowski were brought in. There was no depth which led to a downfall of the team. Timmy Chandler wasn’t brought in. Guys like Michael Bradley played almost every minute and looked very fatigued in the Mexico game. etc, etc.

Here are some options besides the names being thrown around (Bielsa, Klinnsmann, Hiddink, Kinnear, Eriksson, etc. etc.). How about Martin O’Neill the old Aston Villa coach or Roy Hodgson the old Fulham coach? They got alot out of their teams. I like Jason Kreis in the future because of his fresh approach, but not right now. And hopefully someday Mourinho could somehow be landed.

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2011/06/30 at 7:47 AM

Not convinced Mourinho would make a great national team manager because he would not be able to buy a player to solve a problematic position. If he had a decent player pool, then that would be interesting. But not sure if the average American fan would appreciate his strategy.

• Posted by matthewsf on 2011/06/30 at 8:46 AM

Your first point George — very interesting.

• Posted by Crow on 2011/06/30 at 5:09 PM

I don’t think that Mourinho could win the World Cup with this team, but I do think he could do more with it than Bob. He’s a darn good coach, no matter what you think of him. I am biased, though, because I’m a big fan of his- I love his passionate style. I am holding out hope that it wasn’t just lip service when he said he thought about coaching the American team sometime in the future. I know he says alot of things. In fact, I am even writing a letter to him telling him why he should coach the American team someday. Even though I hate Real Madrid, I can’t wait for them to come play the Union in July.

I really like Jason Kreis and Ben Olsen- I think they bring a fresh approach to the “American Coaching style”. I don’t know if they are ready to be National Team Coach, though. However, I’d rather have one of them instead of Schmid or Kinnear.

13. Posted by kaya on 2011/06/30 at 11:30 AM

You lost me at the suggestion of Murinho, Crow. But regardless, I think that Bob Bradley is just a symptom, but not the cause of the men’s team’s problem. It makes sense that a generally clueless (wrt to soccer) person could become the president of an FA of generally clueless (again, wrt to soccer) people, but now that we’ve had a true generation of homegrown players grow up, play soccer professionally and retire, there should be *someone* that can combine a vision for the sport with the business and political acumen that you need to manage an organization.
    Unfortunately, this is a really big country and a huge challenge to undertake. Right now, I’m not seeing the new poster-child for the USMNT and Deuce and Donovan are nearing the ends of their terms. In a country of 300 million people with (I think) the most registered players of any country in the world, it’s ridiculous that we’ve come to a stagnation point.