Those who frequent TSG know we pride ourselves on accountability and the axiom, “you can’t look at a single observation, you have to look at the entire body of work.”
On the former, witness Defense Exhibit A below. We probably should have doctored up some of the predictions (Kenny Cooper for Comeback Player of the Year or Eric Alexander for Breakout Player), but we didn’t.
And now, let us cringe:
(By the way, it’s “tie-up” columns like this where I think, might be time to redo that layout at TSG. But then I think. I need another coffee and the feeling escapes me.)
• CJ Sapong, best rookie and biggest surprise wrapped in one? Brek Shea or even Rich Balchan might have something to say about that.
• Will the Philadelphia Union still have time to fizzle this year?
• Is Donovan Ricketts just a tad overrated given that the Galaxy defense has stumbled much more with Gonzo out, not Ricketts?
• What does the 2nd half see for Philly’s Sebu Le Toux?
• Best keeper? Perhaps the best question…