And the invites are in…or out rather.
Jurgen Klinsmann will undoubtedly run a different January camp than his predecessor Bob Bradley did. That, and the US goes on the road for not one but two matches against Venezuela and Panama. (Really looking forward to that Panama affair.)
Klinsmann’s roster to train in Carson, CA:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (7): Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), A.J. DeLaGarza (LA Galaxy), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), George John (FC Dallas), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Benny Feilhaber (New England Revolution), Jeff Larentowicz (Colorado Rapids), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), C.J. Sapong (Sporting Kansas City), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
• Tim Ream, absent. Is a sale pending?
• No true fullbacks. Will DeLaGarza, Pearce, Parkhurst or Cameron be used on the outside? The roster versus positions would seem to suggest it’s about the player being a USMNT player, not necessarily what position they play. Only Loyd is a true fullback.
• SportingKC stand-up: No first Chance Myers, but CJ Sapong and Graham Zusi with invites.
• Bunbury and Agudelo the lone U-23 roster representatives.
• Fascinating centerback battle amongst Gonzalez, John, perhaps Parhurst, Cameron, De La…you get the picture.