Euro 2012: Group D, Game 2: That’s No Swedish Massage!

France vs. Ukraine.

England vs. Sweden. No strangers to one another. Checkout what we think will happen here.

Beckham and England have played the Blondes to draws many times before.

But you know we’d have a pick of fave Kim Kallstrom.

1. Posted by KickinNames... on 2012/06/15 at 6:37 AM

ummmmmm…I think the you have schedule flipped. Ingerland v Svens is the 245 EST game unless you have other info. Tv and all other schedules post it as the later game.

2. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2012/06/15 at 6:55 AM

Send Her Victorious
    Happy and Glorious

3. Posted by Crow on 2012/06/15 at 8:46 AM

Even though I have no connection to France, I’ve been in love with the country since I was a little kid. I love the Tour de France, the culture, the language, and I’ve loved visiting. I enjoyed cheering on the team during the Zidane era after the USA was inevitably defeated,(my first favorite non-American player) but since 2006 I just can’t get behind the team. After the disgusting behavior at the 2010 World Cup, the Henry handball, and now the current roster…. ughhh. Nasri is one of my least favorite players ever. And Ribery is not far behind. There is nobody likeable on this team.

Side note- I think France’s kits last year especially and now the new ones for the Euro’s are the sharpest in international football. Why couldn’t Nike do the same with the US kits?

• Like you, I have been in love with the country, the language and Paris is one of my favorite cities in which I have spent a significant amount of time. While the 2010 cup actions were poor, some of the players now are intriguing. Cabaye, M’vila, Ben Arfa, Benzema….

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2012/06/15 at 10:33 AM

IMO Paris is over rated. Now, the French countryside, well that is something completely different. Amazing. Wonderful wonderful people too.

• Me, Myself and I? I love everything about Paris from the dirty subway stations to the guy who was urinating in the stairwell of CDG when I flew into town. Given the last few years, I have probably spent well over a month there…. I could EASILY live there. Hell, I still have a navigo pass for the subway and rental bikes.

Other people? Not so much. Some like it and some don’t. Depends on your expectations, whether you like cities and how you go about your business.

I also loved the Italian countryside when we were there and the areas outside Briancon/Serre-Chevalier and the Alps, but man….. I LOVE Paris. To each their own I guess.

4. Posted by Jason on 2012/06/15 at 9:11 AM

Damn, if this rain keeps up I’m going to have to actually do work today :(

5. Posted by crow on 2012/06/15 at 12:52 PM

I watched the whole first half and not one cute Swedish girl shown in the crowd. :(

• Posted by Nelsonaoatl on 2012/06/15 at 8:57 PM

Danes are much hotter. My friend Line is over 6ft tall (I’m 6’4) and gorgeous. She also had a friend that was even prettier. Maybe I’m just not into blondes.

6. Posted by dth on 2012/06/15 at 2:13 PM

ENG vs. UKR lineup (my favored version): Hart; blah blah blah blah in defense; Ox-Chamb, blah blah, Young; Rooney; Welbeck.

• Posted by GeorgeCross on 2012/06/15 at 9:27 PM

One could easily say the same about the USMNT: Howard – blah x 8 – Dempsey, Donovan. Difference is, we got 3 points tonight.

• Posted by dth on 2012/06/16 at 7:10 AM

Mostly didn’t feel like typing obvious names rather than any disparagement. Ashley Cole is the best player on the team, after all.

• Posted by Antonio Henry on 2012/06/16 at 10:04 AM

If England doesn’t win the world cup in 2018 i’m blaming Fergie for playing Jones and Smalling at RB :>>>>>

7. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2012/06/15 at 9:31 PM

Welbeck’s goal; cannot see Gomez or OutTheDoor scoring like that. Fact.

• Posted by Antonio Henry on 2012/06/16 at 10:02 AM

Does it seem to you that Gerrard is holding the team back? Like his will and drive, but it seems like he’s holding back a lot of the young England talent like Walcott/Ox/Welbeck with his play

• Posted by KickinNames... on 2012/06/18 at 4:52 AM

Agreed. The old English model has to be put to bed and maybe Roy is the guy to do it.
        Englands 2014 success depends on them recognizing that they have remarkable and lethal team speed if they choose to turn to it. Walcott vs Milner is the classic example. Young/Walcott transforms them to a frightening wide attack when you add Rooney to the mix.
        Their wide speed at forward, MF and back can make them a dangerous countering team in tournaments IMO. If Wilshere, Cahill and others can make that next step up and stay healthy their prospects are fairly high.