Euro 2012: Group A, Game 3: D-Day

Two left standing. Two homeward bound.

The Czechs vs. the Poles. The Greeks vs. the Russians. Game on.

Will they get what they came for?

1. Posted by Nelsonaoatl on 2012/06/16 at 11:42 AM

Russia and Poles win/advance

• Posted by Nelsonaoatl on 2012/06/16 at 11:43 AM

if Czech Rep. had Rosicky I might think otherwise

• Posted by Nelsonaoatl on 2012/06/16 at 1:17 PM

wow I couldn’t be any more wrong right now

• Posted by Jason on 2012/06/16 at 1:40 PM

Hahaha can’t blame you for thinking that earlier. I’m not surprised the Czechs pulled it out but Russia should have been able to put on in on the Greeks…

Crazy stuff, man it’s been a fun tournament already

2. Trivial Fact(s) of the Day

Greece: Every starters name ends with an s.
    Russia: 8 starters names ends with a v.

Game of Diversity?

• Posted by Nelsonaoatl on 2012/06/16 at 1:05 PM

how many names end with the sound “ski” or “check” in the other game?

3. Posted by dth on 2012/06/16 at 7:21 PM

Recently, Freddy Adu has had two of the more complete games I can recall from him in a while (against NY and DC). I’m getting intrigued…

• Posted by narkid on 2012/06/16 at 9:06 PM

maybe if he actually cared about winning or losing. it did not look like it tonight. freddy is always going to be great when things are good, its just when things go bad that there is a problem.

• Posted by Nelsonaoatl on 2012/06/16 at 10:44 PM

a girl from my university studied in Monaco when he was there. He fell for her and offered to pay for an apartment so she could stay. She broke a drumstick while playing rockband. He wanted her to pay for a new drumstick. She declined and he never got a drumstick…For some reason this anecdote tells me something about his maturity. I hope he and Jozy can strengthen their will and unleash their potential.