The Weekend: Live Commentary

EPL might be in its post-Transfer Window doldrums, but Wondo is still chasing a record.

Can Wondo snag the record.

1. Posted by Nelson on 2012/09/01 at 9:57 AM

how many games left and how many goals to go?

2. Posted by Berniebernier on 2012/09/01 at 10:08 AM

Well that was a craptastic effort by Fulham today. I set the alarm clock had my OJ in my Fulham pint glass. Chalk it up to player turnover, or three away games in 7 days. No question they need to play much better if they plan on hanging onto the Fulhamericans.

3. Posted by Crow on 2012/09/02 at 6:44 AM

Curious how many Spurs fans are trashing Dan Levy for Spurs’ moves (and ones that didn’t go through (Moutinho)) this window.

• Posted by Nelson on 2012/09/02 at 8:23 AM

as I understand Moutinho Spurs and Porto had agreed but another team (Sporting?) owned 15% of his rights and wanted more money. I’ve liked Joao long before the Euros, but I’m not too upset considering we stole Dempsey at the last minute. Dembele and Dempsey are proven in the EPL and have chemistry. Joao can come next year when we qualify for CL (fingers crossed).

4. Posted by Nelson on 2012/09/02 at 8:24 AM

Saints up 1-0 vs the Red Devils. sounds like a battle of the daeva.

5. Posted by Nelson on 2012/09/02 at 8:29 AM

Van Persie should put on a clinic on how to chest down and volley a ball. just nasty. 1-1

6. Posted by Crow on 2012/09/02 at 9:59 AM

And THAT is why you start Brad Guzan. What a save at the death. Guzan has issues with crosses and positioning at times but he is a shot stopper. I think it is time Given retires from club football as well.

Villa still did not win but I thought Guzan and Lichaj looked very strong.

7. Posted by GeorgeCross on 2012/09/02 at 10:49 AM

Reina has been uncharacteristically poor so far. I know it is early doors / only a few games, but what has happened to him? It is not like he got knee’d in the head by Hunt…